Currently reading:
New Zealand 5 Week Wonder Card!

Discuss 5 Week Wonder Card! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cotty

Just completed my week 2 and already looking forward to my Electrical Trainee card,I believe it replaces the JIB card :yawn:

I think you are all being a little hard on the Electrical Trainee band, I've worked with some who are spot on & very conscious about being a Electrical Trainee so put more effort & pride into their work, shame some so called time served let the sidedown.
Agreed seen a lot of time served sparks that should only pull cables, time served doesn't mean good, it's about pride in your work and sleeping on a night

There are dudes out there willing to learn and enjoy what they do, and dudes just out to make a buck

5 weeks is not nearly enough time to give you the knowledge to go at it alone. It's plain wrong and false advertising in a way if you are told a 5 week course will make you a spark

I feel sorry for those guys who pay through the Aristotle for these courses with all the promise of guaranteed work at good money.

I used to think the immortal words of Stewie Griffin were true:

'It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, B to the rian. All that matters is that you beat the leprechauns'

But now I'm not so sure......

but he only employed him as a `mate` Tony...
thats a cable puller in my eyes....so he`s fulfilling his job remit.....isn`t he..
My problem with that is as far as the training centre is concerned he's finished his training and should be competent enough to make final connections and work on his own. This particular Electrical Trainee might be aware of his limitations and willing to work as a mate to get hands-on experience but there are plenty of others who just want to get their name on a van and go chasing this £50,747 while obliviously making the same mistakes with nobody to correct them.
Call me a 'traditionalist' or whatever but a 'mate' should be someone who is currently undertaking training and working as a trainee to supplement their college training. You're not going to get much experience in 5 weeks.

I actually thought this thread was a wind-up!! lol!!

But this guy like many other 5 week wonder boy's, actually think they are a qualified electrician once past the 5 week training with a 17th ed cert in their grubby hand. If anyone has any doubt about that, you only have to read his post reckoning that his 5 week ticket, is equivalent to holding a JIB Card!! I honestly didn't know the JIB issued designated Tea Boy cards, must be a new thing!!

I have a Electrical Trainee working for me as a mate (after all he's not a spark !), along side a spark.

They just rewired a house and the amount of stuff he connected up wrong was a joke, he's been banned from anything other than pulling passing and watching for a while.

What do you want?

Sympathy? Sorry no!

You employed him, who’s fault is that.

Admit it, you wanted a cheap “electrician”, you get what you pay for.

No I was just giving the lad a chance, he's young and his keen to learn.

Was just high lighting the flaws of this joke of a system.

He's been sold the dream and last week realised it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.

He was second fixing sockets and getting then in the wrong terminals .

They are labeled, it's not hard lol

Anyway if he gets fed up watching he can quick and get Domestic installer registered and go out on his own!!

SCARY stuff

No such thing as a JIB Mates card.
Their grade would be Trainee or Labourer.
The JIB were always dead against a Mate grade so I wonder how they view 5wws and dis?
One of the last great institutions which as yet has not been bending.(other than ignoring the massive use of agency versus cardies which is on another thread).

Reply to 5 Week Wonder Card! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock