Search the forum,

Discuss Does a SPD need a dedicated MCB? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Another thing I've just thought of, what about all the other RCBO's in the board, I've not had to touch them yet but if the charger is installed could the DC affect them, do they need changing to type A (if they aren't already) or even type B's.

I honestly don't know why anyone would get involved in this game, its an absolute minefield, thats not to mention the costs involved. It could cost a householder thousands to get up to spec just for the privilege of driving an electric vehicle, which isn't much cheaper than a diesel to run. And that's without adding the install costs to it, then you have to wait all day to "fill it up" and it only has a limited distance compared to normal fuel.

Then there are the repair costs, if something goes wrong you cant work on them yourself, I took our DPF to bits at the weekend and jet-washed it out, good as new. People must be absolutely nuts to go electric, I don't see one plus point, not even close.

Your info on electric cars is out of date.

This might as well be posted in the DIY section.

Little difference between what's going on in this thread and a homeowner thinking they know enough to do without paying an electrician, then coming on here expecting all the answers.

This industry has been changing since its inception and people have continually needed to learn. If you no longer want to do that, then step aside on these jobs and let people who know (and care about) what they're doing take over.

The DNO need to know so that they can estimate and plan future works to improve the infrastructure.

If a load of EV charge points are put in without them knowing… there will be sections of their network carrying much more than it was designed for.

Whether we like it or not, the govt are pushing EV, and if you don’t take it up…. You will be left behind.
Absolutely. I have a 75 kWh Citroën ë-Dispatch. Great van.

Reply to Does a SPD need a dedicated MCB? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net