Currently reading:
recover from meter bypass - p&g meter - advice please

Discuss recover from meter bypass - p&g meter - advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

profhell

Folks,

Here's the story: money difficulties and things, and I ended up puling the tails out of my consumer unit and straight into the bulk head of the supply entering my home.

This is an flt3 prepay meter we're talking about, with initial supplier being British Gas. There was an amount to the order of £500 owing, and that's why the meter was fitted so the debt could be paid at a rate of £7/week.

We used it for a one year, then things improved and I was stuck for a recovery path. Went to npower and got a new account registered in the MRS's (soon-to-be-ex) name. We got sent a key in the realms of time, and got told to contact British Gas to complete the transfer, but we never did.

Things being what they are with us, she took the kids and fled and, to add to my anguish, photos of the meter and key(s) with her.

What is my best route to recover from this WITHOUT having to go to court over it? I simply cannot afford to get a criminal record with the children's custody battle ensuing.

Possible options:
  1. Pay for usage
  2. Claim that we used a diesel generator installed at my next door neighbour's who's a safe guy
  3. Get an account in a relative's name claiming they just moved in; problem here is it will still come a** given that the previous tenant would have been me !
  4. Any other suggestions by the good forum?

Now to my questions:

1. Are there meters further up the gird, which can be used to pin-point this?
  2. Would the switch over from British Gas to npower have happened in the fist place? (my supposition is that it would not due to the debt, hence the request to contact British Gas)
  3. Can an installer with access to the Flt3 programming interface do something about this, and is there such an installer that would take care of it and re-seal everything? (in complete confidence; expected and assured, so IM me if you are one of these)
  4. Who would I contact once a plausible story has been conjured? British Gas or npower?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please come to my aid, 4 little lives are at stake of being lost to an abusive mother if she can pin me down on this and I'm convicted.

Many thanks in advance,

ProfHell

OK .. so without getting into an argument .. if you read the posting and not just jumped on the high horse, you'll find that I was actually proposing to pay for whatever I used. But there you go ..

OMGcat.jpg

Get real man, if what you're saying is true then you deserve to get caught. What you did is theft, pure and simple. You honestly think anyone on here will be interested in helping? Why don't you try the shoplifters forum instead?

Reply to recover from meter bypass - p&g meter - advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock