Search the forum,

Discuss Turn off "Solar I Boost" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marcelle

DIY
Reaction score
Husband had solar panels installed plus a booster "Solar I Boost" 2 years ago. Ongoing problems with the booster. I have spent the last year manually boosting the water heating twice a day as we never have enough hot water. I just want to turn if off and have constant hot water. Please can someone tell me how I do this? I cannot see a switch any where and I don't want to make things worse. Happy to get in an electrician to disconnect if I need to.

Attachments

• Solar i Boost.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 21
How was you hot water controlled before, manually via a switch? You cannot switch off the iboost as your electrician will have rerouted wiring to the unit and it should also be connected to your thermostat/s. Has the unit never worked properly or is the issue of not having hot water new.

How many kw is the unit saying you saved daily?
Any messages on the iboost unit? Lost signal etc?
After a period of solar and the iboost being on does the unit display Water tank HOT?

How was you hot water controlled before, manually via a switch? You cannot switch off the iboost as your electrician will have rerouted wiring to the unit and it should also be connected to your thermostat/s. Has the unit never worked properly or is the issue of not having hot water new.

After a period of solar and the iboost being on does the unit display Water tank HOT?
Thanks for responding.
Not sure how much power is saved we put some back to the grid but because I boost the hot water a lot savings are reduced! Had problems with it for over a year.
Yes it says lost signal. Pretty sure the solar is not kicking in at all as we have very sunny days and if I have not manually boosted it we have cool water.
It will display Water Tank Hot if I have boosted
Re the lost signal I did try and looked on line several times as to how to re- pair the sender but we were not given a pairing part/sender. So the instructions don't make sense. I did not want to fiddle with what I thought was the pairing part on our switchboard ( photo attached of switchboard and what I believe sends/receives the signal).
Have tried changing preset timer (Winter/Summer etc and hours) 8 months ago but it got stuck in Portugese for a few months which was a bit challenging!
Shaggy dog story our power company sold us and installed the solar system and solar i boost. Shortly after they sold the solar business to a private company, we went into Covid lock down and the private company has never responded to me.

I am thinking I just need to find an electrician with solar/boost expertise who can fix it or turn it off.

Attachments

• Switchboard.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Thanks for responding.
Not sure how much power is saved we put some back to the grid but because I boost the hot water a lot savings are reduced! Had problems with it for over a year.
Yes it says lost signal. Pretty sure the solar is not kicking in at all as we have very sunny days and if I have not manually boosted it we have cool water.
Re the lost signal I did try and looked on line several times as to how to re- pair the sender but we were not given a pairing part/sender. So the instructions don't make sense. I did not want to fiddle with what I thought was the pairing part on our switchboard ( photo attached of switchboard and what I believe sends/receives the signal).
Have tried changing preset timer (Winter/Summer etc and hours) 8 months ago but it got stuck in Portugese for a few months which was a bit challenging!
Shaggy dog story our power company sold us and installed the solar system and solar i boost. Shortly after they sold the solar business to a private company, we went into Covid lock down and the private company has never responded to me.

I am thinking I just need to find an electrician with solar/boost expertise who can fix it or turn it off.
Do you have one these near your electricity meter? If this thing runs out of battery it won't work. Unless you have it powered from a DC supply that is

Attachments

• 16469814732537376143677412347006.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for responding.

Sorry I see you have a different sender. Do you have a link to instructions?

It sounds like kt he sense is faulty and needs replaced. I wouldnt get rid of the iboost it's a great way to use excess solar when you don't have batteries

Do you have one these near your electricity meter? If this thing runs out of battery it won't work. Unless you have it powered from a DC supply that is
No we don't have one of those senders. Thank you I feel better able to have a discussion with an electrician following your help!

No we don't have one of those senders. Thank you I feel better able to have a discussion with an electrician following your help!
As a last attempt before calling an electrician you could try pairing using this. There Must be a pairing button on the CT transmitter or a way to initiate the process in the man
ual. Good luck 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220311_075206_com.adobe.reader.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Turn off "Solar I Boost" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net