AM2 or the Achievement Measurement 2 is a practical performance skill test administered by the National Electrotechnical Training (NET).
You must take the AM2 test if you are:
• An Apprentice finishing your JIB Apprentice Training Scheme
• Finishing an Electrical Installation Apprenticeship
• An oversees qualified electrician (from Poland or Hungary for example) who needs approval in order to gain the JIB card as an electrician
• From January 2011 the AM2 requirements have changed, which means that all candidates must take the exam according to the new program.
The AM2 is designed for individuals who wish to work as electricians or as maintenance electricians.
By taking the new AM2 exam you will demonstrate that you have a level of co13petence expected by the industry in the following key occupational areas:
• The interpretation of specifications, drawings and diagrams,
• Risk assessments and also Health and Safety,
• Safe isolation,
• Planning and preparing to install, terminate and connect identified wiring systems,
• Inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations, • Fault diagnosis and fault correction,
• The understanding and application of industry recognised procedures, working practices and the requirements of statutory and non-statutory regulations.