Discuss £360 wot do you think in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mcm

-
Reaction score
What would people say was a fair price to

Change 2 down lights for shower ones
Look at fault on other down lights
Supply and change 2 pir lights
Fit 2 rcbos to lighting circuit and sockets.
Investigate light fitting not working and put right
Certificate all work carried out

I think this is a fair price what do other think.

I think i would be more likely to quote a price for the "known" work and an hourly rate plus parts for the fault finding. If you have said "i will put it right" you could end up with little or no profit if it turns out to be major problem.

If your also supplying the RCBOs as well as the PIR fittings then I think you are just about right.

There is quite a bit of fiddling about there, if all goes well it could be a short day of perhaps 4-5 hours, or it could be all day depending on the faults and what you need to repair them, ie perhaps replacing those broken downlighters.

I would have charged for the day which is about 240 pound then you have your materials so 360 maybe just about right. If there was a chance of more work and I finished the job early, then I would discount my day price by say 10-15% it looks good to the customer. If it is just a one off job then you may just want to charge the whole day, it is a suck it and see thing.

I don't quote for fault finding, made that mistake before when a quick call out at the end of the day saw me there for two n half hours until it was dark then nearly all of the next day and the morning after that, eventually I found the small nail at the back of a book case that was just penetrating T+E where someone had pushed a book in just a little bit too far. The nail only tripped the circuits when the cable 'warmed up' and had been on for abit (guess thats due to expansion or something). All for the price of about 50 quid. Luckily I had a nice customer who was so thankful that she gave me an extra 50 quid on top. Still £100 for nearly 2 days work isn't alot. Hence all fault finding is at day rate and takes as long as it takes.

Agree with others Quote for the work you know as for the fault finding .............how longs a piece of string?

Reply to £360 wot do you think in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock