Discuss 1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

PHS

-
Reaction score
Just a quick one.
And I right in thinking I would take N/E from CU in shed to first fitting, take L from CU (with an E from fitting) all the way to switch, run switch L back to fitting and then just Dasiy L/N/E to next fitting?
not a lot of info on the web and didn't cover fluorescent fittings in the course.
Thanks in advance

Just a quick one.
And I right in thinking I would take N/E from CU in shed to first fitting, take L from CU (with an E from fitting) all the way to switch, run switch L back to fitting and then just Dasiy L/N/E to next fitting?
not a lot of info on the web and didn't cover fluorescent fittings in the course.
Thanks in advance
in this case then do what Murdoch has suggested and joint the neutral at the switch....

You have your part P in domestic installation .... not a question i would expect!!! If you are just confused as to where best to terminate the cables the its common to run T&E to fitting (L/N), T&E from fitting to switch (L/SW) and T&E from fitting to 2nd fitting (SW/N).

This utilises the fitting as the cable joint too...avoid running any wires passed the ballast inside.

They are various way to achieve the same goal but all depends on layout and installation methods....

Last edited:
I'm using singles.

So I got L/N/E from CU going to? Then onto ?
fittings both have a l/n/e terminal block in only
cheers
shoukd have just put a ceiling rose in lol

you can still use twin and earth for fluorescent fittings.

have you provided mechanical protection for the singles?

You have your part P in domestic installation .... not a question i would expect!!! If you are just confused as to where best to terminate the cables the its common to run T&E to fitting (L/N), T&E from fitting to switch (L/SW) and T&E from fitting to 2nd fitting (SW/N).

They are various way to achieve the same goal but all depends on layout and installation methods....

I do have part p yes, it only covered roses on the course and all the fittings I fitted on site were plugged into a click box. This is my first time fitting 2 fittings to one switch. Just want yo get it right first time cheers

I do have part p yes, it only covered roses on the course and all the fittings I fitted on site were plugged into a click box. This is my first time fitting 2 fittings to one switch. Just want yo get it right first time cheers

Their is no real difference whether a click or fitting ut sometimes you need to add an extra connector in the fitting for L-loop.... why not just wire 2 clicks and flex the fitting s then if thats more in your comfort zone.

My advice is circuit only, i assume as others are asking you have ensured correct earthing arrangements, bonding etc etc as part of the course of doing this work.

Well you need to have mechanical protection for cables throughout e.g. plastic conduit probably most suitable for you if you decide to stick with singles...

Reply to 1 switch, 2 fluorescent fittings in shed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net