Discuss 10 way c/u with main switch on the left? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post on here!

I need a 10 way c/u with the main switch on the left. MK does one but I've read some pretty damning reviews. There's also a brand called Techna that do one, but I can't find anything on that one. Any advice would be much appreciated. :stooge_curly:

i like them. watch out for the main switch polarity on some. they're what seems to be the wrong way round with the L to the right, i.e. the N is closer to the L busbar which is cranked behind the N.

edit. above comment was about the schneider CUs, not the MK crap.

Last edited:
Hi All,

First post on here!

I need a 10 way c/u with the main switch on the left. MK does one but I've read some pretty damning reviews. There's also a brand called Techna that do one, but I can't find anything on that one. Any advice would be much appreciated. :stooge_curly:

Buy one with a main switch on the right...

And move it to the left!

The mind boggles!
I'm really sorry mate but you deserved that. Imagine if you walked into a site cabin and asked that question, you really would get ripped to shreds.

dunno, trev. move the main switch and the L and N will be reversed. if the switch is labelled L &N ??? also, would the internal tails reach their respective terminals???

dunno, trev. move the main switch and the L and N will be reversed. if the switch is labelled L &N ??? also, would the internal tails reach their respective terminals???
It's not that big a deal to try it out first though is it mate? I'd have thought that it would be common sense to to try it to see if it would work.

if the OP had bothered to look, the crabtree starbreaker CUs have the main switch on the left. one of the nicest CUs going, IMO.

It's not that big a deal to try it out first though is it mate? I'd have thought that it would be common sense to to try it to see if it would work.

WTF?? Buy a board and just hope it can be adapted to your requirements because that's common sense? Not find out which boards come ready made and warranteed from manufacturers with the correct layout?

Seriously buddy....

And what's the deal with jumping on folk asking questions even if they were "silly" questions? This is a forum, and i've found them to be full of all sorts of folks with different knowledge sets...

Some have very little at all!!! But that's forums...

WTF?? Buy a board and just hope it can be adapted to your requirements because that's common sense? Not find out which boards come ready made and warranteed from manufacturers with the correct layout?

Seriously buddy....

And what's the deal with jumping on folk asking questions even if they were "silly" questions? This is a forum, and i've found them to be full of all sorts of folks with different knowledge sets...

Some have very little at all!!! But that's forums...
Don't you have a spare CU kicking around? I do, it wouldn't be a buy and hope job as you suggest. It would be a let's try this to see if I can get it to work.
There must be any amount of manufacturers out there who make CUs as the OP wants, once again a question in the wholesalers would ba a pretty handy place to start as we're in there a few times a week.
Finally if you'd looked closely you'll see that I was not jumping all over someone for asking a question. I was responding to Tel's post.

Don't you have a spare CU kicking around? I do, it wouldn't be a buy and hope job as you suggest. It would be a let's try this to see if I can get it to work.
There must be any amount of manufacturers out there who make CUs as the OP wants, once again a question in the wholesalers would ba a pretty handy place to start as we're in there a few times a week.
Finally if you'd looked closely you'll see that I was not jumping all over someone for asking a question. I was responding to Tel's post.

I do, but a lot of folk starting out don't and judging by his question i'd imagine he doesn't have one or doesn't know of one he can mod hence the post..

Not really after starting a --- for tat post, but a lot of folk turn to forums before doing any research, i think it's just the way of the world these days... Sure it can be tedious...

As for the other comment it depends how you read it really.

Reply to 10 way c/u with main switch on the left? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net