Discuss 110v CTE transformer wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mossep

-
Reaction score
I have 400v 2 phase to 110v CTE 10kvA transformer. It is going to supply 110v sockets in a workshop which will be used for general power tools.

I have been told by a colleague that the primary earth should be kept separate from the secondary earth when wiring the new sockets we are fitting as there could be risks in the event of a fault. I have opened up the transformer today as it has been delivered and noticed that the primary earth is connected to the secondary earth inside it. Does this sound correct, or is my colleague mistaken in what he thinks?

I have not fitted one before so any advice would be great as I have to install it tomorrow!

Thanks

Martin

It has nothing to do with my question, it's the posters underhanded way of suggesting that by questioning the earthing arrangement means that I am probably unsure of any other aspect of 110v wiring systems. If that make the poster feel good though I hope they never have to ask for advice.

Your colleague is getting confused between different types of Tx, tell him if he's giving advice to ensure he knows what he talking about.

Leave the Tx as it has been supplied and wire as the installation intructions tell you, are you knowlwdged in the fusing of the primary side and the correct fusing arrangements for the secondary side? If not I would do some research yourself into the circuit design and avoid asking your ever so knowledged colleague. :icon12:

It has nothing to do with my question, it's the posters underhanded way of suggesting that by questioning the earthing arrangement means that I am probably unsure of any other aspect of 110v wiring systems. If that make the poster feel good though I hope they never have to ask for advice.

It was just a simple question Moss, designed if you like to help after the resolution of your earthing question.

Reply to 110v CTE transformer wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net