Discuss 110v T9 circular florescent ballast in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
Got a client that's bought an old Timex rotating display stand to display his extensive sunglasses collection :beatnik2:.
It has a 110v motor to rotate it and there is a T9 circular flourescent tube fitted. (4 pin plug)
The ballast has failed and needs to be replaced.
Client wants to keep it 110v, probably best because of the motor.
Questions:
I've been trying to track down a 110v T9 ballast to no avail. Plenty of T8s but.. Can other ballasts be use with a bit of rewiring? Can anyone recommend a supplier?
Would there be any problems running flourescent lamps with household 240>110 converters (maplins finest, capacity is ok but any other supply characteristics to consider?)
many thanks
Steve

Most 40w ballasts, especially the 4-wire ones, will be able to run T5, T8 or T9 tubes. From the ballasts point of view the diameter makes very little difference.

Thanks for this. I came across this when searching. The 110v ballast doesnt list a T9 circular, only a T5 circular. Do you think it will still work?
regards
Steve
If on the page I linked to you read the big words at the top of the screen then I think you will be covered from the supplier!
The control gear on this page will correctly operate 1 X 40W T9
You have not said the wattage but I assume it is 40W

If on the page I linked to you read the big words at the top of the screen then I think you will be covered from the supplier!
The control gear on this page will correctly operate 1 X 40W T9
You have not said the wattage but I assume it is 40W

Thanks Richard.
Yep, saw the big words! Just nervous that T9s weren't actually listed in the specs. Guess a tube is a tube if it's straight or round!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. Now what shall I charge...

Regards
Steve

Reply to 110v T9 circular florescent ballast in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock