Discuss 110v transformer blowing trip in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the person did state it was working fine before it got wet, its most likely still damp

Just reading a few peoples replies here. Is this forum about helping people or just mocking people who might not be clued up as what some other people think they are? The majority on here are helpful but Glennsparks reply and sparkless's are just unhelpful and frankly character destroying!

Have a word with yourselves!

Just reading a few peoples replies here. Is this forum about helping people or just mocking people who might not be clued up as what some other people think they are? The majority on here are helpful but Glennsparks reply and sparkless's are just unhelpful and frankly character destroying!

Have a word with yourselves!
i`m helpful....to them worth the effotrt.....
read into that what you will....

i thought my advice about removing the lid to empty any water out was helpful-ish

yep, but does a meerkat have the intelligence to grab one? as far as i know they can't even post a letter in the ad break on corrie.

Digging up an old thread here but I finally done an ir test. Got a lend of an ir tester, primary results are ok, its the secondary results that show a short so I think the transformer is goosed then, it cant be fixed....

Any thoughts....

Digging up an old thread here but I finally done an ir test. Got a lend of an ir tester, primary results are ok, its the secondary results that show a short so I think the transformer is goosed then, it cant be fixed....

Any thoughts....

LOL can't resist replying...............the secondary is showing a 'short' ?
Between where and where mate?
Is it centre tapped on the secondary?

I dont know m8, i work in IT, this is not my field, a guy i know who in an electrical engineer did it with a meggers ir tester. He tested the primary and said it was low, 0.01 or 0.1 but said it was still high enough to work. He then did secondary but could not get a reading, he changed setting to resistance and told me its dhorting and said its no good..

Unless you can get someone who knows how a 230/110V transformer works and how to test it then you're probably on to a lost cause I'm afraid. May as well just buy a new one.

Unless you can get someone who knows how a 230/110V transformer works and how to test it then you're probably on to a lost cause I'm afraid. May as well just buy a new one.

Yup my thoughts exactly.
Dead short to earth on the secondary of a centre tapped transformer :)

Reply to 110v transformer blowing trip in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock