Discuss 13 Amp plug on a 2.9kW oven in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The oven did come with a manual, but I think the clients threw it out accidentally, so I'll have to download a new one
Ahh. I thought that it was YOUR kitchen.so, basically, you are doing this for clients and - I assume for reward.
I think you need to get your act together, then.

Everything you need to know is on the Neff site.

One well known kitchen manufacturer stipulates no more than 2mtrs of flex on their ovens for example.

One well known kitchen manufacturer stipulates no more than 2mtrs of flex on their ovens for example.

That would mean a connection outlet plate directly behind the oven as you need the thing out of the way and some slack to physically get in and connect it up. I prefer an appropriately sized H07 flex direct from the cooker panel to the oven and hob, just seems easier to me unless the two things are in different places of course.

One of my local retards stripped back some 6mm T&E to cram it in to a plug top!

I'm sure he NEFF stuff I've wired in recently didn't come with a flex but the instructions asked for HO5 rated cable.

so any cable with harmonised colours and 300V insulation then?

That would mean a connection outlet plate directly behind the oven as you need the thing out of the way and some slack to physically get in and connect it up. I prefer an appropriately sized H07 flex direct from the cooker panel to the oven and hob, just seems easier to me unless the two things are in different places of course.

Why an 07 voltage rating?

Just an update if it's of any use to anyone. I managed to get hold of a copy of the manual and it does infact give you the option of using a plug. What was confusing was the information originally supplied by Neff customer service who said it HAD to be hardwired. And yet when I called them today they said it's absolutely fine.
Yes yes, I know, goes back to the point that I should follow the manual and nothing else. Ok, I get it. The point is, it's safe and meets the manufacturers requirements. Shame I couldn't get the manual before. I still can't find it electrocnically from that product code. Anyway Specifically here is the text:

"Connecting the appliance to the power supply -
Power cord: Type H05 V V-F or a higher rating. The yellowgreen
wire for the safety earth terminal must be 10 mm longer on the
appliance side than the other wires.
In the installation, there must be an all-pin isolating switch with at
least 3 mm contact gap, or the appliance must be connected
using a plug with an earthing contact. This must remain
accessible after installation."

Cheers for all the replies.

Reply to 13 Amp plug on a 2.9kW oven in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock