Discuss 1361 Board, RCBO needed (25 chars.) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

hightower post a pic of the board !

I'm with you buzz, fit a local RCD FCU. That said, if were my family, I would install a nice shiny new A3 CU. I picked up an MK 8 x RCBO CU for £120 a few months ago. If you do it now hightower, you won't have to put in an earth rod and AFDD's that you'll have to do for the 18th :)

PS I've only managed to retrofit one RCBO into an older CU, unless you use a lump hammer and water pump pliers.

Last edited:
That's a particularly cr@p suggestion. Don't forget the division of circuits regulation (you know, single point of failure and all that).
Tin hat on

What about a split load board then? Does each half fail since their on one rcd? ;) :D

How about a little garage board with a b6 for the lighting?
Seen loads when someone's installed a new cooker/shower with old rewirable fuses what are am3 garage boards? £30-40?

Or probably the best option of an rcd spur outside the bathroom

Just to keep everyone in the picture, I eventually installed his downlights. When I looked in the back of the van I had a spare enclosure and RCD so I put that in the garage and diverted the upstairs lighting circuit through it.

Reply to 1361 Board, RCBO needed (25 chars.) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
What are people fitting in the 3 phase range just lately, I've had a scan at various makes and it seems to be a ---- up between Hager and Wylex at...
Replies
Views
I need to get 30mA RCD protection to a new circuit I am putting on this consumer unit. I didn't take the cover off so I am not sure if there will...
Replies
Views
Doing a CU change yesterday, having purchased an 8 way Wylex board and 6 Wylex miniature RCBOs recently, and was about to fix the board until sods...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Just installed a RCBO board to replace an old Wylex consumer unit that had Bs60898 MCB's fitted and an RCD main switch customer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock