Discuss 15m distirbution circuit - cable choice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andart

I hace been asked to move a CU from next to a 3phase board in a boiler room to an office about 12 m away in the same building. It is a one story building and I am proposing taking the cable through the loft.

I'm not sure if I should use 2 core 25mm SWA or 25mm meter tail cable. The total distance allowing for getting up and down fro mloft will be 15m. I am allowing for a max load of 100amps, though it wont be as high as that.

Any thoughts/ advice appreciated,

Andy

My weapon of choice would be:

4175splitconc.jpg

Subcategory - 4. Standards Relating to Cables

Having designed the circuits to supply 6 flats contained within a building, They require 25mm supply cables to their respective consumer units. Split Concentric cable to BS 4553-88 is lighter, easier to install and cheaper than SWA. Can I use this cable, with suitable protection to run from the switched fuse at the origin of the supply to the consumer units in the flats

starline.gif

Split Concentric
Previous editions of the Wiring reguations have allowed the use of split concentric cables in concealed walls.
We would however refer you to the current 17th edition of the Wiring Regulations, specifically section 522.6.5 - 522.6.8, with regard to running cables in buildings. It should be noted that split concentric cable does not comply with the requirements of these clauses.

Typed split concentric in google, cos never heard of it before, and this came up, from Voltimum, its a question, and tha answer is from pyrismian cables.

thought you might like to know!

Subcategory - 4. Standards Relating to Cables

Having designed the circuits to supply 6 flats contained within a building, They require 25mm supply cables to their respective consumer units. Split Concentric cable to BS 4553-88 is lighter, easier to install and cheaper than SWA. Can I use this cable, with suitable protection to run from the switched fuse at the origin of the supply to the consumer units in the flats

starline.gif

Split Concentric
Previous editions of the Wiring reguations have allowed the use of split concentric cables in concealed walls.
We would however refer you to the current 17th edition of the Wiring Regulations, specifically section 522.6.5 - 522.6.8, with regard to running cables in buildings. It should be noted that split concentric cable does not comply with the requirements of these clauses.

Typed split concentric in google, cos never heard of it before, and this came up, from Voltimum, its a question, and tha answer is from pyrismian cables.

thought you might like to know!

In other words, treat it like T&E.

Reply to 15m distirbution circuit - cable choice in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net