Discuss 17th Edition 2382 Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Now I don't expect much from any course but it has now become apparent that the 2382 is a course in being able to read a book and using an index, not that I am moaning but I could already do this!:)

I am so glad I didn't pay £300-400 for the privilege, mind you the Mrs is complaining that I have my head in the book and keep muttering, well that's interesting.

Last edited:
Now I don't expect much from any course but it has now becomne apparent that the 2382 is a course in being able to read a book and using an index, not that I am moaning but I could already do this!:)

I am so glad I didn't pay £300-400 for the privilege, mind you the Mrs is complaining that I have my head in the book and keep muttering, well that's interesting.

Just get used to the simulator so you know how to get back when you flag them.
There are versions online.

Now I don't expect much from any course but it has now become apparent that the 2382 is a course in being able to read a book and using an index, not that I am moaning but I could already do this!:)

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware you have to do the "course" to do the exam, unless the rules have changed.

My local college did exam only, also resit only .
Things may have changed there though because I think the have had a reshuffle.
A lot of the buildings have bee dozed near the engineering section; not a good sign.

I have used these, will let you know how it goes electropass £159, but gave me 10% discount as a couple of us are going. The online course took about 30 minutes and there are a load of practice papers thrown in, overall not a bad package for the money.

Last edited:
I am not a regular poster on here. So hopefully my message will be read by those that take the time.
Most of the non electrical industry. I.e ducting, refrigeration, plumbing and heating, electric doors and hydraulics etc.etc. believe that a candidate that has a certificate from C&G
17th C&G 2382-15
Is an electrician
I know that will make most of you boys cringe
But that is how a lot (most) of industry see it
Please don't kill me I am an electrician I have 17th edition

I am not a regular poster on here. So hopefully my message will be read by those that take the time.
Most of the non electrical industry. I.e ducting, refrigeration, plumbing and heating, electric doors and hydraulics etc.etc. believe that a candidate that has a certificate from C&G
17th C&G 2382-15
Is an electrician
I know that will make most of you boys cringe
But that is how a lot (most) of industry see it
Please don't kill me I am an electrician I have 17th edition

Do you just have the 2382 or do you hold other qualifications such as your underpinning knowledge such as the 2360 parts 1&2 or 2330 parts 2&3 or 2365 parts 2&3 or NVQ level 3 2356/2357?

I am not here to list qualifications but I merely wanted to make a point. I have in fact a degree in first and second law physics + distinction at electrotechnical engineering and I served my time with the council bashing houses (not that, that did me any good).
I think that the industry needs to wake up to the fact that a person that has a 17th edition certificate is not an electrician that was and is my only point. The only thing that has changed in the electrical industry in the past 100 years are the regulations and standards we have to comply too

I don't want an argy bargy about certificates

Reply to 17th Edition 2382 Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net