Discuss 17th edition exam in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you can read and navigate a BS document you can pass this exan, all though saying that I know of several time served Electricians who still cock it up and fail.

I've often wondered, how those on-line ones stop you........err cheating, if I'm blunt?
Hi - C&G won't allow any exams to be done privately. The exams are all done properly in a registered venue with a registered supervisor. The actual exam Q & our A are online, but that's just an efficiency thing, I think.

Would there be anywhere to just sit the exam, without the 3 day course, money is tight

Just check with the exam centres - colleges, private training cos etc. Some will allow you to sit the exam at their centre, without doing a "course". Private trainers are most likely to say you "must" do their course first, so colleges are often your best bet, or charitable training trusts.

Or some scroat who isn't a money grabbing so and so, 3 day course my backside, money for old rope, about time someone in charge put a stop to this debacle.

Cheating? Like looking it up in the book?

I was thinking of sitting at home doing the exam, with a second google web page open, much like I've thought of doing Ken Bruce's Pop Master o_O When I spent a small fortune at my local college doing my 17th, you couldn't have post it notes in BS7671!

Everything hangs off the Regs so one way or another you'll need to get your head around it. Presumably you have a copy? There are plenty of practice exams available on line to give you an idea on what the real thing is like. Re the requirement as a mate or apprentice, that would be down to whoever was taking you on or supervising you.

Reply to 17th edition exam in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Im looking how to do the Exam only as YOUTUBE is dam good course i paid for ONLINE course and EXAM but the ONLINE Course was Rubbish and got...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Just wondering what people used to practice the written part of the 2391-52 exam? I have the iet exam prep book, which seems more geared...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm looking at booking myself on the 2391. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever done the course online and then done the 2 day exam. If...
Replies
Views
Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
Hi Could someone please help me with how to navigate the 18th edition amendment 2 (Brown) book in the most time efficient way for the exam. I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock