Discuss 17th Edition SELECT in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Javitwitt87

Hi guys my name is Javi I've been in Edinburgh 4 years and I think is time to get the 17th edition course as I was an electrician in Spain. I've the assessment on 8th of October. I'm doing a different exam simulator online and some of them are the same but others are different.

Just my question for you guys who passed the exam, are the questions in order, like the first 4 questions are in part 1 of the book, the next 2 are in part 2 and so on.

Or otherwise I can find the first question in page 300 and the next one in page 8 . . .

Many thanks.

The exam is set out in the order of BS7671 chapters, though questions within each section may be from different areas of that chapter.
It is broken down in the following way:

Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671. 4 questions

Understand the definitions used within BS7671. 2 questions

Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations. 6 questions

Understand requirements of Protection for safety for electrical installations. 15 questions

Understand the requirements for Selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations. 14 questions

Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations. 4 questions

Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS7671. 10 questions

Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671. 5 questions

A total of 60 questions and you are permitted to use BS7671 for reference during the exam.

Last edited:
Hey javi, well I passed mine about 7 weeks ago, it's ok just practice working round the book and yes as Richard rightly says it's in a sequence so you know what chapter you should be looking in depending on the question number. I found unit 5 and 6 a lot more difficult as these chapters cover a lot of pages in the bs7671 and also they are the highest percentage towards your final score so I would practice in those areas.

Good luck I am sure all will be fine, just practice

Theres a few free online mock/practice tests, google mock 17th edition test​, not sure about the sequence but it might help get an idea of the questions.

Last edited:

Reply to 17th Edition SELECT in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net