Discuss 17th Edition Wiring Reg's Exam question order in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tommy_h

Hi - Has anyone taken the City & Guilds 2382-15 Wiring regulations exam recently, my class and myself are taking the exam next month and we are trying to find out if the questions are presented in the order of the book e.g. Part 1 questions first, followed by Part 2 questions, then Part 3 etc or are all 60 questions completely random?
The tutor we were to have went sick just before our course started and although the stand in guy is doing his best he has no knowledge of the actual 2382 exam.
One of the guy's in our class has bought the 2382 Exam Success Book-2382-12, but we all recon the 12 in the title indicates it is from the 2012 variant of the exam. There does not appear to be any Exam Success 2381-15.
The Exam Success book has a sample exam which follows the book order e.g. Part 1 question, then Part 2 and so on, but the class are trying to find out if the 2382-15 exam follows the same order, anyone who has taken the exam recently will know, and we would all appreciate any advice on this question - Regards Tom and the class

The exam as i see it is basically finding out if you can read the book.
with me (Dyslexic) the questions i did from memory and then went back and double check with the book
when i did the course, all the tutor did was told of points with in the book to look at .. Locations etc and formulas
and also talked a bit about them to us, logged in the head with the talking and when i did the exam i passed

Guess you might have a problem from when you did the 16th, some ways might of changed.
look at your book, note down pages with a tag or colour
im not sure what they are OK with, but my tutor got use to use PostIT note tags to mark pages
and High Lights to note passages of intrest.

From memory it is in order with the number of questions from each section.
It will be in the paperwork you received with the course information.
If you go to the C&G site , I am sure you will find the order.

Hi - Has anyone taken the City & Guilds 2382-15 Wiring regulations exam recently, my class and myself are taking the exam next month and we are trying to find out if the questions are presented in the order of the book e.g. Part 1 questions first, followed by Part 2 questions, then Part 3 etc or are all 60 questions completely random?
The tutor we were to have went sick just before our course started and although the stand in guy is doing his best he has no knowledge of the actual 2382 exam.
One of the guy's in our class has bought the 2382 Exam Success Book-2382-12, but we all recon the 12 in the title indicates it is from the 2012 variant of the exam. There does not appear to be any Exam Success 2381-15.
The Exam Success book has a sample exam which follows the book order e.g. Part 1 question, then Part 2 and so on, but the class are trying to find out if the 2382-15 exam follows the same order, anyone who has taken the exam recently will know, and we would all appreciate any advice on this question - Regards Tom and the class
That establishment is a bit sh:toilet: then. I assume your or someone is paying for the course? When I took the course, if you can call it that, the exam indeed followed the chapters of the book, with a percentage of questions varying for each chapter.

I think the exam is set by C&G, and only available via some online link up with the training centre, you could inquire with them. But personally I would be getting back to your training establishment, and tell them to get their act into gear!

Welcome to the forum, the exam should be in the order of the Wiring regulations
The questions should be like this (from the C&G website)
(hope the table come out correctly)
Unit

Outcome

Number of questions
%

1 Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671.

2 Understand the definitions used within BS7671.

3 Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations

4 Understand requirements of Protection for safety for electrical installations

5 Understand the requirements for Selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations

6. Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations

7. Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671.

8 Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.

Total

I did the 16th to 17th update course, a few years ago now. All the questions were in order - you start at the front of the book and thumb your way through as the exam progresses. You don't even need to 'look anything up' per se, just scan the page for what looks like it might refer to what the question is on about and tick the one box of four which looks closest to the right answer.
I don't really see how it could be any easier, yet people still fail it. Never mind being allowed to retake it, if you manage to fail that you should be taken outside and put out of your misery.

As others have said it is indeed in order. I'd recommend electricians safari by Alan lynch for walking you through the regs - far better (plain English) than any course I reckon

Hi all
Many thanks for the info, this is what me and the guys in the class thought would be the case, but its great to get help like this from you all once again a really big thanks and thanks to this forum, as a note I contacted C&G's and asked them this question on behalf of the class, they would not answer, said they could not give out exam info as it would be unfair to other candidates when I informed them we were probably the only class in the UK at present that did not have the regular tutor who could have answered this question they still refused I'd put that toilet symbol that 'midwest' used next to C&G's if I knew how regards Tom H

yes went in order of the book, 2 or 4 questions on section 1 then 4 questions on section 2 from memory and went on like that, do plenty of past papers and youll get quicker at it, this helped me:

17th Edition (2382-12) Online Exam Simulator - ProProfs Quiz

One of the answers in this test I believe is wrong.

Maximum RCD rated IAN allowed for construction sites

a/ 30mA

b/ 100mA

c/ 300mA

d/ 500mA

I put 'd' but their correct answer was 'c'

Reply to 17th Edition Wiring Reg's Exam question order in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock