Discuss 17th to 18th edition in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
probably been discussed but I can't find this info I'm wanting

Anyway once the 18th is active and we all need to spend ££££ on our new bibles will there be a short update exam or a full 18th edition exam

Thanks

recently spoke the assessment engineer about the 17 to the 18th I had asked about this.
he said if you want to do the 18th exam that's ok but you do can do it another way
by reading the up dates on new 18th new edition that showing how to applying them that's ok.

Won't be confirmed till the likes of EAL and City and Guilds look into it.

With the likely introduction of Part 8 having significant content, a new course is a guarantee.

Having reviewed the draft in detail I am confident that I would develop training for a one day course to cover the differences between the 18th edition and Am3 of the 17th.

If C&G insisted it be a new complete course, I would simply request evidence of a 17th edition and offer anything missing from the amendments to the 17th included in the 18th.

probably been discussed but I can't find this info I'm wanting

Anyway once the 18th is active and we all need to spend ££££ on our new bibles will there be a short update exam or a full 18th edition exam

Thanks
You Jest Danny "a short update" no mate full on course to make the IET and the scams more money.

Yes I that's probable the case pete and the regs book,guidance notes and on site guide will probable follow this with them costing more
Think back they didn't do it 16th -17th, there will be no difference 17th-18th, the IET could of course issue updates and changes, but there isn't enough cash in doing that, still I suppose it keeps people employed, what you say is true though. Glad I'm out of it now still probably buy the new 7671 and OSG, sid the guidance notes though my Pension won't stand that lot as well.

^^ thing is, it isn't just the cost of the exams, the mandatory OSG and Big book, its all the guidance notes, tester updates, certificate software updates and time off.

Talk about being shafted......

Does it mean when the 18th edition finally comes out that the multifunction testers marketed as 17 edition testers will all suddenly come down in price? likewise all them 17th ed Consumer Untis.... it should all come down in theory... although they will just put new packaging on it is my guess and charge a new 18th premium

Does it mean when the 18th edition finally comes out that the multifunction testers marketed as 17 edition testers will all suddenly come down in price? likewise all them 17th ed Consumer Untis.... it should all come down in theory... although they will just put new packaging on it is my guess and charge a new 18th premium
Good point Gavin

I won't be buying the GNs this time round. Only been a spark for around 8 yrs and I am starting to fully understand the way many sparks feel about the situation, and the cash that needs to be spent every three years or so.
When the regs turn 18 maybe they will start to act like a grown up! Don't get me wrong some of the changes in each revision are pretty good, but some of it feels like change for changes sake. And they certainly could be amended and altered in a much better way that actually appreciates the end users.

Reply to 17th to 18th edition in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net