Discuss 18th Edition - opportunity to have our say? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The devices detect arcing from loose connections not short circuits. I wonder if it would trip when I'm messing around with carbon arc lights? :D
Thanks freddo, I jumped to conclusions with the picture on the link from GMES to the Schneider site - story;

IEC 62606: A first step towards international standards for Arc Fault Protection

It pictures an arc from line to neutral through the insulation. Perhaps someone needs to explain to them what it is!

So then to my understanding AFDD's protect the wiring against arc's within the fabric of the building preventing fires, then there is the protection against shock ie RCCD, RCBO's. So there must be a device that gives both types of protection and the question is how big are these little gem's going to be and how many modules are they going to take up in a dis board, then how bloody big a space will you need to site the boards bearing in mind that according to my NIC chap that radial circuits for all areas is the way that things could be going in the future as well.
Life is such a worry ;)

Reply to 18th Edition - opportunity to have our say? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, As I have mentioned before I have been a Free Subscriber to the IET `Wiring Matters` Magazine for many years after being given a Free...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am a subscriber [free] to `Wiring Matters` the IET online Electrical Industry magazine and today I received the reminder email for...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I'm patiently sat waiting for the Draft for Public Consultation to come out, so I can have a right little chuckle. The bsi web site says its due...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all Protection against fire: the fire officer?s view - IET Electrical Cheers
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock