Discuss 1NO1NC switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mace4u2

i am trying to install a 1no1nc push on off led switch in my car to intercept my power antennae. it has 5 terminals with red, white, black and 2 green wires. the 2 green wires are marked NO and NC. i think the red is marked+. cannot see any markings for black and white wires.it did not come with a wiring diagram. any help in where each wire goes would be a great help. thanks.
1NO1NC
1NO1NC1no
1NO1NC

Welcome along.

You probably have three terminals in one orientation (the two green and either the black or more probably the white) and two terminals in another orientation ( the red and probably the black, possibly the white).

The two green wires will be as labelled NO and NC, the other terminal in the same orientation would be the common terminal.

The red is the + 12V and the other terminal in the same orientation will be the - 12V.

Depending on what you want the switch to do you connect 12V to the Red (+) and other terminal (-).
The common is from the incoming item and the output to the equipment is connected to either NC if you want the switch to turn off when pressed or NO if you want the switch to turn on when pressed.
OR if you want to swap from one to the other then wire the normally on one to NC and the normally off one to NO.

thanks, thats a great help. as the white is the common i must assume red and black are for the led. we will see. again thanks.
Welcome along.

You probably have three terminals in one orientation (the two green and either the black or more probably the white) and two terminals in another orientation ( the red and probably the black, possibly the white).

The two green wires will be as labelled NO and NC, the other terminal in the same orientation would be the common terminal.

The red is the + 12V and the other terminal in the same orientation will be the - 12V.

Depending on what you want the switch to do you connect 12V to the Red (+) and other terminal (-).
The common is from the incoming item and the output to the equipment is connected to either NC if you want the switch to turn off when pressed or NO if you want the switch to turn on when pressed.
OR if you want to swap from one to the other then wire the normally on one to NC and the normally off one to NO.

Reply to 1NO1NC switch in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net