Discuss 1st fix protection from plaster in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why is it the spark has to accommodate every other trade? I always tape my boxes with a bit of duct tape anyway, saves all the muck getting in. If he can't plaster around a box call him unskilled and ask him why he can't. Don't go out of your way because he is lazy.

I once had a plaster skim over every box on one job, my 20oz estwing to his walls soon changed his outlook and the clients

Right lads again i will say the plasterer and i will be working together on majority of the jobs...
Surely it would be beneficial for both parties to work together,all im seeing from this is sparks slagging off spreads.
If you are goin to be working with a spread day in day out lets help each other and make each others lives easier..

most spreads ( the decent ones ) are quite happy to spread round back boxes. the really good ones will clean most of any muck that goes in the box.

I've posted this before, but this box was plastered over circa 1960, and forgotten about.

I rediscovered it in 2015, when refurbishing the kitchen. It was still live, as both ends were connected up in Radials (presumably converted from the original RFC), after a CU replacement a few years before.

Socket2.jpg

I use the Yoozybox plasterguards. Creates a clean edge for the plaster to skim to, especially, if new boxes are chopped into existing finish.

Guess the Yoozybox boxguards, would be useful if the circuit has to be live, when plastering, or safeguarding the homeowner. Personally, think it keeps the plaster in check, and keep his muck outside the box!

Reply to 1st fix protection from plaster in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is there an actual age limit on house wiring that would prevent a traditional fuse box being replaced with a consumer unit please...
Replies
Views
Hello All Strange question for you, I know you don’t have crystal balls :) but can anyone give me any clue on the following… I have mid eighties...
Replies
Views
Had a bit of a ‘discussion’ today with another electrician. Basically found a light switch in which the radial cable for a socket directly below...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock