Discuss 2 gang 2 way, 1 each end of the room, odd behaviour in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The terminal layout looks unusual on the 3 gang switch, commons would normally be on their own opposite the L1&L2, I've never seen them made like that before.

Any need for that?

I used an electrician from mybuilder that was listed as qualified and had good feedback.

I can't be arsed being attacked for asking for help. I'll leave it here.
Cheers for trying folks.
No, what you mean is, you didn't want to pay for a spark, so you had a bash yourself, and now its all gone TU? if you did get a spark in, get him back so he can do what you paid him for originally?
Who would get a spark in, and then go through all this??

Any need for that?

I used an electrician from mybuilder that was listed as qualified and had good feedback.

Cheers for trying folks.
No, what you mean is, you didn't want to pay for a spark, so you had a bash yourself, and now its all gone TU? if you did get a spark in, get him back so he can do what you paid him for originally?
Who would get a spark in, and then go through all this??

The terminal layout looks unusual on the 3 gang switch, commons would normally be on their own opposite the L1&L2, I've never seen them made like that before.
it's schneider, so anything can happen. seen similar on an old crabtree switch that i replaced once.

Any need for that?

Cheers for trying folks.

No need to be like that. You've had good advice, but without seeing the hidden wiring it's going to be very difficult to say for definite what is wrong. What is the reason for not getting the guy back to fix it - you've paid him for something and he hasn't done it properley - get him to do the job right!

Daz

Reply to 2 gang 2 way, 1 each end of the room, odd behaviour in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net