Discuss 2 Inch PVC Conduits bending in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eng-ali

What is the Approved way to bend PVC Conduits of size 2 inch and more for any angle?

lower than 2 Inch conduits can be bent with a spring.

yes available From Barton Manufacterur.

for the bending method, It is mentioned in some construction specifications I have that lower than 2 inch can be bent with bending spring, for 2 inch and larger to be bent with an approved method

what is this approved method?

I've never ever seen 50mm PVC pipe in all my years:confused::confused:

How would you calculate factors for that size conduit, they wont be in any books.

Seems more hassle than what it's worth, I'd just run 2 x 25mm pipes myself.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

used 50mm pvc a few weeks ago, not sure about bending it though looks way to big to bend. suppose yo can buy manufactured inspection elbows.

regards
gary

for example to pull cable 4CX16 Cu.XLPE/SWA/PVC which has approximately 25 mm dia but it will be pulled inside 2 inch conduit with a little bends cause it is armoured

I got a method but Idk wether it is approved or not:

put some sands on the 2 inch conduit after filtering it from any other impurities, afterthan it will be heated with bending it to the required angle at the same time.

I got to ask.......why would you put SWA in a plastic conduit???

Fair enough underground ducting, but conduit???

I have now a case of pulling cable underground to a building of a room with final DB has 40A TPN ISO

and this conduit has to be on the wall to pull the can be from underground duct to the DB but the problem is that I have this Structural situation ( I think it would be better If I described it in a sketch):

I have a concealed bend 90 degree already with the tie beam of the mentioned duct. block will be 20 and insulation of 5 cm and another block of 10 cm. Duct is concealed with 20 cm block and I need to bring to the 10 cm block. cause it is armored cable I don't think 90 bend is good solution, but I need only slight bend.

What for???

hi lenny

we were doing a milking parlour with with 6 different rooms, 3" trunking along the walls and used the 2" pvc adaptors an conduit to go through each wall to the other room and then carried on in 3". did think about cutting through the wall and continuing the 3" all the way but the finish on the walls were very expensive and didnt want to damage it. it worked very well.....

regards
gary

eng-ali

i have been sparkying in australia for the past 10 years since moving from scotland and we use 50mm pvc conduit alot, the easiest way to put sets into it is to get yourself a good heatgun and heat a large section of it while turning it to make sure it is plyable all the way round, dont heat it to melting point or it will kink, just make it plyable and start to set it gradualy, you will have to keep heating and bending and to keep its shape have a damp rag at hand so you can form it and not burn your fingers.
take your time as it does take practice, also form it on a flat concrete surface to save the bend from going off to one side.
hope this helps you out

Also over here we use 50mm flexible conduit for bits like that if you want to cheat..

eng-ali

i have been sparkying in australia for the past 10 years since moving from scotland and we use 50mm pvc conduit alot, the easiest way to put sets into it is to get yourself a good heatgun and heat a large section of it while turning it to make sure it is plyable all the way round, dont heat it to melting point or it will kink, just make it plyable and start to set it gradualy, you will have to keep heating and bending and to keep its shape have a damp rag at hand so you can form it and not burn your fingers.
take your time as it does take practice, also form it on a flat concrete surface to save the bend from going off to one side.
hope this helps you out

Also over here we use 50mm flexible conduit for bits like that if you want to cheat..

But is heating accepted method for bending?

Reply to 2 Inch PVC Conduits bending in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock