Discuss 2 way 2 gang light switch problems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just what I'm used to now, Pull your twin brown in and when passing the hall light pull a blue and earth in beside it, and leave the twin brown at the landing switch and take a single brown to the landing light with the brown and earth. Simples lol
Oh yeah to each their own.
Your wordings got me confused though, Haven't the foggiest haha.
I'll stick to my beloved 3 core

Oh yeah to each their own.
Your wordings got me confused though, Haven't the foggiest haha.
I'll stick to my beloved 3 core

It's more like wiring a two way in singles, you just take what you need to where you need it. A permanent live to the first switch (single brown) two straps from there to the second switch (twin brown) then Switched live from the second switch to the light (single brown)

Permanent live is brown and earth, to give an earth to your switches. Single brown to the light as it gets its earth from the blue and earth. Never use single blue.

And on the fourth day he saw that they were an abomination and cast them in the burning pit of mediocrity ;)
bloody welsh philistine ain't you got a ritual druid sacrifice to go to.,.,.:(

:eek: how dare you.
Had to cover their ears
Shh he didn't mean it. He's just old and hasn't caught up with the times

Thou shalt not dis your elders or any more of us unfortunate souls :cry:

Doddy d
In the realms of safety and good practice with these push fit items,the chances are (in the past) they would not have been entertained (until these days where deterioration of product standards have opened a door for them)

In fact I believe the general shambolic standards of equipment has degenerated to a point where comparison with past equipment standard can hardly be made,

These items are acceptable only because in the words of the thread "Forgive them Lord for they know no better"
:)

Thou shalt not dis your elders or any more of us unfortunate souls :cry:

Doddy d
In the realms of safety and good practice with these push fit items,the chances are (in the past) they would not have been entertained (until these days where deterioration of product standards have opened a door for them)

In fact I believe the general shambolic standards of equipment has degenerated to a point where comparison with past equipment standard can hardly be made,

These items are acceptable only because in the words of the thread "Forgive them Lord for they know no better"
:)
It was a joke. Makes no difference to me if someone doesn't like using a certain product.

It's Doody T get it right

I haven't had a problem with them yet therefore they're good enough for me and used where I feel they're appropriate.

How about the old porcelin twist on connectors used in the past, should they be used instead?

It was a joke. Makes no difference to me if someone doesn't like using a certain product.

I haven't had a problem with them yet therefore they're good enough for me and used where I feel they're appropriate.

How about the old porcelin twist on connectors used in the past, should they be used instead?

It was a joke
It was also understood by me as being a light hearted post
Doddy D, sorry T,try not to get wound up over a post you have read in the wrong context

It was a joke
It was also understood by me as being a light hearted post
Doddy D, sorry T,try not to get wound up over a post you have read in the wrong context
Don't worry mate I'm not, it's hard to convey a certain tone over text. I tried putting a wink in after but it didn't work.
Not going to get worked up over cable connectors and one letter haha

Reply to 2 way 2 gang light switch problems in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net