Discuss £20 Per hour in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Poshspark

I was talking to a sign writer today he was telling me that the electrician who does his work charges £20 per hour, I have never heard of any Electrician charging that in years.
It makes me think he is a busy fool!
Does anybody else charge £20 per hour? I know that the other electricians around here charge between £30-£35 per hour.

I was talking to a sign writer today he was telling me that the electrician who does his work charges £20 per hour, I have never heard of any Electrician charging that in years.
Does anybody else charge £20 per hour? I know that the other electricians around here charge between £30-£35 per hour.

I know a lad thats just started out charges 18.50 an hour, seemed a bit cheap to me.

your rate will be determined by your customer base, if you work for 3-4 builders for example and they start to use other sparks then you have 2 choices, lower your rate to get the work back or lose the work, however if your a jobber spark and do works for domestic customers when it comes in and don't care if you do the work or not then the rate can be as high as you want, you wouldn't win one job at £35.00 per hour in the commercial sector in Gloucester, not one as the going rates here are 22-25 per hour and thats down to the recession and big companies quoting low rates to keep the men employed during these tough times.

Bet he doesn't get 40 hours a week at those prices. £20 per hour and regular work is more favourable in my opinion

I doubt many people get 40 hours a week all year round unless long-established with all the Electrical Trainee competition about. No way I could stay in business for £20 per hour if I'm honest.

I've stopped charging by the hour, just quote for the job and hope nothing too time consuming crops up.

Reply to £20 Per hour in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock