Discuss >2000 ohms on loop test? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on why I would be getting >2000 ohms on my loop tests, on every circuit? I got .26 on the incoming reading, went to do the test on the cooker circuit and >2000, thought I'd try back at the consumer on the incoming and >2000 again, I'm using a fluke 1652c, could it be faulty leads or tester, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on why I would be getting >2000 ohms on my loop tests, on every circuit? I got .26 on the incoming reading, went to do the test on the cooker circuit and >2000, thought I'd try back at the consumer on the incoming and >2000 again, I'm using a fluke 1652c, could it be faulty leads or tester, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is not impossible you have lost the incoming earth it has happened to me half way through a test. Check your meter across line and neutral.

could be as simple as the ridiculous 2mm of exposed probe tip is too short to contact with the terminal screw as the insulation hits first. solution is to cut the insulation back.

Do the leads to your tester work OK and report properly on say continuity? Does it have a fuse that could have blown? Do you have a reference circuit you can test against (I use a ring main at home and my CalCard for checking things like this)?

Do the leads to your tester work OK and report properly on say continuity? Does it have a fuse that could have blown? Do you have a reference circuit you can test against (I use a ring main at home and my CalCard for checking things like this)?
Well I did seem to be getting low readings on my r1+r2 tests, reference circuit at home is a cracking idea, I'll use that moving forward though

Zero leads and insulation and continuity every time you swap them. If it's still not reading right it's either a calibration adjustment or repair.

Anyone else have these issues send them over!

Reply to >2000 ohms on loop test? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock