Discuss 2357 am2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
ive got my am2 in april, will that include the amendment do you think or not?

im curious if im honest because it wil mean getting more new books to study if it is (changes to the wording in the regs and cmin etc)

any advice would be appreciated

If it is. Circuits and containment are already designed for you.

Books will be available (they were at the college I sent my apprentices) for the written side of the test and verifying your test results.

My personal thoughts on the new AM2 is it's a joke. From your input the forum, you'll walk it.

im not even thinking about the practical to be honest, im more interested in the theory side.

i do a lot of sy and swa at work so im not worried about that

hope you use this (pic) before. good luck

PRPEN20X.JPG

if you think that the installation part is easy, then you are wrong. one simple mistake e.g. missing a tie wrap or the FP200 cable in the same entry bush with other power cable.

theory is easy, open book online multiple choices. cant go wrong if you done 17th before.

the AM2 is really strict, alway little silly things cought you up. good luck anyway

The am2 practical is a peice of p!ss. An you shouldn't be using cable ties with the SWA or fp200, cleats and p-clips are what are required in the exam.

Shanky my can you follow a dot to dot. If yes you've passed.

most colleges I viewed even had demonstration boards set up in how it should be done. They were used for the fault finding section.

The am2 practical is a peice of p!ss. An you shouldn't be using cable ties with the SWA or fp200, cleats and p-clips are what are required in the exam.

Shanky my can you follow a dot to dot. If yes you've passed.

most colleges I viewed even had demonstration boards set up in how it should be done. They were used for the fault finding section.
he means tywraps on the rj45/ethernet/cat5 point you have to do.

your supposed to tywrap it to them when you punch them down with a krone tool

Contrary to popular belief, it is easy to fail on tiny, minor mistakes that you normally wouldn't make when not under the pressure of an exam. They try to trip you up by specifying 2.5mm singles on the ring final, but specify a 1.5mm cpc. Just an example. The information is all there, but as i said, when under pressure, it's all too easy to just glance and grab the 2.5mm green and yellow.

When I did mine, I tie wrapped the FP200 to the tray, then when I looked over at another candidate's booth, I remembered. I knew, but i just pure forgot as my heart was beating out of my chest and I wanted to puke. I had just paid nearly a grand and really wanted to pass!

All the literature is provided for you. I took in my own and we had to surrender it incase of cheat sheets etc. Apart from that the whole things a joke.

pirahna nuts are not as good as a banjo and 6mm brass bolt and nut (dont use roofers, they have pressed heads so can pop)

You're going to have to explain that one!

How many sparks are removing the powder coating underneath the banjo? A job that a correctly installed piranha nut will do. That's why they only have the teeth on one side. The other is for plastic enclosures. When tight, do up the grub screw and jobs a goodun!

Contrary to popular belief, it is easy to fail on tiny, minor mistakes that you normally wouldn't make when not under the pressure of an exam. They try to trip you up by specifying 2.5mm singles on the ring final, but specify a 1.5mm cpc. Just an example. The information is all there, but as i said, when under pressure, it's all too easy to just glance and grab the 2.5mm green and yellow.
!

How is that trying to trip you up? Calculating the size of cpc for such a circuit will almost always come out at a 1.5mm cpc so shouldn't be much of a surprise that 1.5mm is specified

Reply to 2357 am2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net