Discuss 2392 Question: Maximum earth loop impedance for 20A BS88 (gG) fuse in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What is the maximum earth loop impedance to BS7671:2008 for a circuit protected by a 20A BS88 (gG) fuse giving a 5 second disconnection time is:

A: 7.42
B: 2.91
C: 1.84
D: 1.35

The green book says the ln for this type of fuse is 78A p299, that doesnt give you the right answer though.

:confused5:

Use the time/current curves in Appendix 3 for each fuse type/rating at the relevant max disconnection time (eg 0.4 or 5 secs). Then divide 230V by this current as above.

OK guys thanks for your replies. Just wanted to clear things up a little. I had no idea that a BS88 (gG) fuse was x10 to get the maximum operating time/current. But now I do so :teeth_smile:

Are they looking for an approximation or preciseness here since none of the answers given by the OP, so are just approximations.

Zs = 230/78 = 2.95 ohms

* 0.8 for operating temperature adjustments = 2.4 ohms

Unlikely to be a C&G question/Answer

Reply to 2392 Question: Maximum earth loop impedance for 20A BS88 (gG) fuse in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi First time with this kind of a job for me. I have a scenario where i am planning to install about 50m 25mm TPN from a TNCS supply to supply a...
Replies
Views
The heading of table 41.3 says it shows " max earth fault loop impedance Zs for Circuits Breakers..... giving compliance with 0.4s disconnnect...
Replies
Views
S
hey guys.... ive downloaded some revision questions for my 2394/95 course i have booked for august and ive come across a question im a little...
Replies
Views
A circuit has an external loop impedance Ze of 0.6. The maximum value of (R1 + R2), to BS7671:2008, on a circuit protected by a Type B 32A circuit...
Replies
Views
S
Industrial installation (non-domestic). Here's the scenario: A large (150kW) 3-phase motor circuit where the supply is taken from a starter...
Replies
Views
Steveb555
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock