Discuss 2394 2395 4 day intensive. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mat155

Good evening everyone.

I finally convinced my company to put me through my 2394 2395. I wanted to take this as an evening course over 6 months however the provider messed me around and the course fell through. I've had to commit to a 4 day intensive with the written exams 8 weeks later and not feeling great about it. It starts in two weeks. First of all how deep am I on the ship and any positive stories or advice from an intensive course experience?

I took my 2394/5 over a 26 week evening course. Although it was a great experience and plenty of time was given to general electrical discussion, it took bloomin aaaaages for what it was.

If you are well experienced with inspection and testing, the regs, and the way city and guilds ask their questions, you should be fine on an intensive course.

Thanks for that everyone. Think its going to be a case of revise solid from now. Then 8 weeks swatting for the closed book written. Cheers

Become very familiar with the GN3 and regs book. I took them to bed for weeks (the pages started to stick together.lol). When I did the 2391 4 years ago, that was also a 4 day course and the practical was on the 5th day and the written exam 4 weeks later!

Jay

To be honest if you know GN3 inside out and you are knowledgeable with the regs then there is no reason to worry.

Just don't rush it, read the questions and make sure you know what it is asking. Take a look at the chief examiners reports of previous exams.

Hi,if you don't take the 4 days,as the main reason for a pass,you will be fine.

Read,and understand,the books applicable,up to,and after,your course,and just absorb the course as an intensive part of that whole process.

The course content,should be stuff you can relate to,discuss,and build on. You do not want to be hearing much,for the very first time,and familiarity with the mentioned literature,will ensure that.

Good luck fella.

Reply to 2394 2395 4 day intensive. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net