Discuss 2394-2395 course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

albani

hello members..im writing on this section because i dont know where to write for help.im qualified on city&guild 2330 and im looking to do and inspection and testing..before couple of years i try to pas this course but i fail on 2391 theory test..its not problem for 2392 and 2392 practical test but when i did theory one i cant pas them because of my language..English its not my first language and i cant write a proper english..theory test on 2394 and 2395 its writing exam and really i struggling to pas them..am asking you if its any college doing this theory test on-line or what kind of courses i have to do to be similar as 2394-2395..please any one try to help me

thanks

Have you tried contacting City & Guilds direct to see if they can assist with examination formats and approved examination centres?

HI Alabani. First the exam takes no account of grammar and or spelling. I do not know when you did the course but if it was 2391 it was a long time ago. Now the exam is not written (2395 now) it is online so you should stand a much better chance of passing. In the meantime improve your english by reading lots.

I do hope you don't think I am being a bit racist here matey, but if you can't converse in English, how are you going to go forward with the qualifications you are striving to attain, in this English speaking country? Why do you think you should have extra time in the exams? Maybe you should concentrate in brushing up your English?
If I was expecting a foreign country to educate me, I would do them the courtesy of learning their language, personally.
Just saying.

I do hope you don't think I am being a bit racist here matey, but if you can't converse in English, how are you going to go forward with the qualifications you are striving to attain, in this English speaking country? Why do you think you should have extra time in the exams? Maybe you should concentrate in brushing up your English?
If I was expecting a foreign country to educate me, I would do them the courtesy of learning their language, personally.
Just saying.

Well, you certainly sound 'a bit racist'.

How is he expecting this country to educate him? And also see the link posted above citing extra time for foreign language students. Maybe that's why he thinks he should get extra time, because he can.

Ye know, 'matey'? Just saying.

Y
Well, you certainly sound 'a bit racist'.

How is he expecting this country to educate him? And also see the link posted above citing extra time for foreign language students. Maybe that's why he thinks he should get extra time, because he can.

Ye know, 'matey'? Just saying.
You can call it racist if you wish, you sound a bit liberal. If someone is failing an exam because of their poor grasp of the language of the country involved, then their first port of call should be to address that problem, not expect to be helped "around" it. After all, they are going to have to use that same language when they become fully integrated into that country when they become qualified, are they not? Why is that racist?

HI Alabani. First the exam takes no account of grammar and or spelling. I do not know when you did the course but if it was 2391 it was a long time ago. Now the exam is not written (2395 now) it is online so you should stand a much better chance of passing. In the meantime improve your english by reading lots.
yes i have past 2392 long time ago..i was trying and 2391 on same course but on that time its 2 hour written exam and i fail them..on that time national pas rate its very low i think it vas 26%..most of candidates faill its on the written exam..now you say its no any more any written exam..how sure are you about this fact..its any one here who has past 2394-2395 to explain its any written exams on this course..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying.
yeo are right mate..you are not racist..i know if someone come to live on this country must be integrated here..the problem its im to old now ( 45 ) to go to school to learns english..thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you to all of you who try to help me..if its true that no more written exam im going strait to nearest college to do them..
im little confused about nvq l3 and am2..who its more important..i know the best its to have both of them but who its the best for JIB GOLD card ( approved electrician )if its not necessary to have both..

Hi Albani
If im correct you will need both the NVQ l3 and the AM2 to be fully qualified this will need to be backed up with the C&G level 2 and 3 2365 qualifications as well to be a fully qualified electrician and to gain the electricians gold ECS card.

The 2391 wasn't really a test of your english, it was mainly a test of your understanding of electrical terminology and electrical testing procedures. An awful lot of native english speakers failed as well. You use the terminology as per GN3, describe the test as per GN3 and you will be fine. I would suggest brushing up on GN3 would be your best bet rather than looking for an easier option

I'm doing the 2394-2395 multiple choice online exam tomorrow and I then have the written exams for both to book in Jan.
Both are online exams. If I pass all those I then have the Practical to book and do.
This is a good book Exam Success: Inspection and Testing 2394 and 5
Under £19 from WHS (maybe cheaper from Amazon but I don't buy from amazon)

Having only ever lived in this country, and only ever learnt English, I've had no issues - apart from spelling & grammar. If I moved to Spain with the intension of living there and becoming an electrician there, I would learn Spanish. Although a shed load of expats live there and expect the Spanish to speak English to them! I'd expect my customer base would be Spanish.

OP whilst I commend you for relocating, and trying to better yourself (questionable now moving to the UK - Brexit and all that :)), you need to grasp the language, we wouldn't shouldn't make exceptions to a white heterosexual male, who couldn't be bothered to learn the language of their birth, and giving them a dispensation.

The language of this country is predominately English. If I worked in predominately Spanish quarter, I would consider learning their language to further my prosperity.

EAL its miki mouse exam, you will have the books with you in exam, but C&G exam are really good and hard and this will help you in real life when you face problems, that's why many companies prefer candidates with C&G qualifications.
My advice is to do 2392 first then go for more practice on site in main time buy books for 94/95 ( Exam Success: Inspection and Testing 2394 and 2395 by City & Guilds) you will find it on amazon.

Keep fighting with terminology and DO NOT miss single word, try to understand everything if you want to become successful qualified electrical inspector or supervisor.

Finding approved centre its easy, go on www.cityandguilds.com then top right search box type course number like 2392 or 2394 or 2395 then in med-page on right you will see Where can you take this course? google the centre name the search for reviews. Good Luck.

By the way me too English not my first language and I passed 95 from first attempted, I wasn't interested to do 94.

there is no different in 94/95 courses its just doubled exams,practice and written.

Wish you all the best and let me know if I can help you with any information

Merry Christmas:)

Under £19 from WHS (maybe cheaper from Amazon but I don't buy from amazon) Good man. We should all adopt this stance, then they might be forced to change their ways. Not much hope in this "i'm alright jack" society though, I fear.

Having only ever lived in this country, and only ever learnt English, I've had no issues - apart from spelling & grammar. If I moved to Spain with the intension of living there and becoming an electrician there, I would learn Spanish. Although a shed load of expats live there and expect the Spanish to speak English to them! I'd expect my customer base would be Spanish.

OP whilst I commend you for relocating, and trying to better yourself (questionable now moving to the UK - Brexit and all that :)), you need to grasp the language, we wouldn't shouldn't make exceptions to a white heterosexual male, who couldn't be bothered to learn the language of their birth, and giving them a dispensation.

The language of this country is predominately English. If I worked in predominately Spanish quarter, I would consider learning their language to further my prosperity.
Its Intention, not intension. Intension is when you are under tension, I think. Mind you with that massive job run it might be right.......hehe. You'll get there eventually :) :) I don't know, you remoaners just can't let go eh???

Reply to 2394-2395 course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net