Discuss 2394/2395 Home Learning in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Respiration Rob

Having looked at the costs for the 2394/2395 exams at various colleges across London I am getting more and more irritated by the blatant tact of various bodies taking advantage of Electricians. This doesn't happen in any other trade but ours!!

Anyway, what Id like to know is if anyone else has taken up the online offer of the home learning discs for these courses and if they were successful in doing so. Seems a damn sight cheaper and could be the answer to alot of my problems albeit sacrificing alot of evenings to study!

Kind Regards

I sympathise with you. Electricians get shafted more often than most.

There is a lot of crap available on the net for these and all the other courses. I deliver all the C&G short courses, and out of curiosity now and again i but the odd CD here and there just to see how good or bad this stuff is. There is some half decent resources around, but they wont get you through the exams, on the whole they are not ideal. I appreciate that you don't need to be splashing money about, but in all honesty, there is no substitution for doing the course, and you will struggle to find a training provider that will just let you take the exams etc anyway.

The only decent resources for any of the C&G courses, are anything written by City and Guilds, or the IET publications, anything else is pretty much a waste of money, as it it those and only those publications that the exams are based around.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but save your hard earned, and put it to better use.

Your personal circumstances are no business of mine, but if you have been made redundant, are on benefits, or have other circumstances, funding is available for some of these courses, it is worth asking at the job centre.

Cheers.................Howard.

Recently purchased a study disk from eBay and although it was useful it won't get you the whole way through.

The course is the way forward!

Reply to 2394/2395 Home Learning in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net