Discuss 2394/2395 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Abruno

Hi I need some help, I qualified back in 2012 (303) level 3 + AM2 ect.. But plan on doing my 2394/2395 course 8 days straight. Some have said its worth doing the 3 day 17 edition course prior, just to refresh things as we were only working to 17th edition when doing the level 3 (303). But obviously the 17th edition course is going to cost me an extra £550

Many Thanks Ant

I would skip the 17th ed course if you have qualified as recently as 2012. Just make sure you are up to speed with the AMD3 changes.

Good preparation for this course would be to buy, read, and digest GN3 as all the course and exam material is based on and contained within GN3 and BS7671.
Being quite well experienced with testing and inspection is also a good idea, especially if you are doing the compressed course.

That course won't refresh your technical knowledge, it's purpose is to teach you how to navigate around the madness that we call BS:7671 in a timely fashion. If you want a great revision book then look for the 2394/5 revision books by a guy named Chris Kutcher I think his name is....
I'm not saying don't do the 17th edition course, I have it and glad I done it. But for revision purposes in 2394/5, look for the book I mentioned above

how good are you with the 17th edition book, you can do 2382 exam only.

as for 2394 and 5 they are changing it soon, its just going to be another bit of paper to say you an do what you an do already but they always seem to be asking for it .. + 5yrs of using it lol

by the sound of it you an pass the exams and you are paying to do the exam papers and get the little bit of paper saying i can do this... but always improve yourself

Thanks for reply's guys, much appreciated. I've booked the 17th edition course in the end just to brush up on the regs as im not as good at navigating through it compared to my college days. And then plan on doing the 2394/2395 after that. I guess it will cost me quite a bit of money but i guess its worth having the extra qualification papers behind you

Thanks for reply's guys, much appreciated. I've booked the 17th edition course in the end just to brush up on the regs as im not as good at navigating through it compared to my college days. And then plan on doing the 2394/2395 after that. I guess it will cost me quite a bit of money but i guess its worth having the extra qualification papers behind you
Do you do much testing at the moment?

yes be ready before you go and do the cource.. as they skim over bits and some tutors aint that great..

the 17th editing course was just making points of intrest in the book :( but when they where talking about these pages i recalled it, so for mine i didnt look in the book, more from memory (i didnt know any rules that where in any the editiions before)

Reply to 2394/2395 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net