Discuss 2395 revision books in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

dont bother with anything other than GN 3.

Actually, I recommend downloading the Chief Examiners reports from past papers from the C&G website, and studying them. They tell you the many errors or omissions that have lost people marks.

If you read a few of these reports, you will soon see the same points come up time and again - things like using correct names for test instruments, things people miss when carrying out safe isolation, etc. You can learn a lot of this stuff off by heart, and not lose the marks many of the others will be losing.

Oh, and make sure you can draw out an earth fault diagram for the main types of supply in your sleep, with the correct names for all the components!

Hi guys thank, think my main worry would be the written exam.as written exams are not my strong point, I did buy the city and guilds 2391-10 exam success a few years ago by mistake . although prob not much has changes.

As long as you know the correct terminologies you'll be fine. I found the practical the hardest as I was not brought up on them test rig thingies or the new fangled MFTs, I met some decent young sparks and the tutors were excellent.

Actually, I recommend downloading the Chief Examiners reports from past papers from the C&G website, and studying them. They tell you the many errors or omissions that have lost people marks.

If you read a few of these reports, you will soon see the same points come up time and again - things like using correct names for test instruments, things people miss when carrying out safe isolation, etc. You can learn a lot of this stuff off by heart, and not lose the marks many of the others will be losing.

Oh, and make sure you can draw out an earth fault diagram for the main types of supply in your sleep, with the correct names for all the components!

That's about the best advice. Most importantly the earth fault diagrams.

They fail people because they don't answer exactly as it is on GN 3.

i have read their reports for the past year and just find it pretty similar, have done 94 past 1st time but 95 is doing me. Failed twice already doing it again next week. Reading this GN 3 a lot.

has anyone ever had on their exam a question about insulation resistance of walls / floors?
Never did any of this work or seen it.

Thanks

They fail people because they don't answer exactly as it is on GN 3.

This reminds me of a question I had in the multiple guess part of 2395, asking what unit you measure prospective fault current in, quite basic stuff, with two of four options being "A" and "kA". Now I have been brought up with the unit of current being the Ampere, and you can put any SI prefix in front of it to suit the magnitude, so both are correct. My KT64 even displays the result in A or kA according to how large it is. Given this choice, for me the base unit and thus the best answer is "A". But I think C&G were looking for "kA", though I never did find out if you chose "A" you would lose the mark.

Same applies to test instrument names, you have to use exactly the name from GN3 or you will lose a mark, even if what you write makes sense.

So you have to not think too hard, and always think what is the terminology that would be used in GN3, i.e. learn it off by heart.

I was told a as long as you answer so a dummy can understand. As simple as the alphabet. You should pass. I most have been thinking to much the first time round. Will pass next time.

Hi Guy thanks for the constructive replies, I thing as I said previously my worries are the written as one i am a terrible speller, write like a break dancing spider and memory like a sieve. ence the thought to the book help me remember stuff.

Hi Guy thanks for the constructive replies, I thing as I said previously my worries are the written as one i am a terrible speller, write like a break dancing spider and memory like a sieve. ence the thought to the book help me remember stuff.

Know the feeling about memory like a sieve & break dancing spider. Have look at this see if this the type of book your after. www.techtrainingshop.co.uk . the yellow book. Just may be a memory jogger.

Reply to 2395 revision books in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock