Discuss 2395 Written (Typed) Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone else waiting on results back from a recent 2395 exam?

I done it 2 weeks ago and should find out how I done tomorrow.

I feel I lost a whole chunk of marks on two questions based on:

1) Earth rod resistance testing
2) Phase sequence testing

Naively neglected these topics during revision and I think it's cost me. Chances are I'll have my head back in GN3 come Thursday!

:confused:

Don't be to optimistic, can you remember how many points they were worth?

Sorry I didn't reply last night! Didn't find out results today anyway ..

I wrote down the questions I fluffed to as near as what I could remember the next morning, so I reckon it's something like this:

Phase Sequence

1) What are the two methods for testing phase sequence? TWO MARKS

2) What method would you use to confirm lighting is on the same phase? (It gave a scenario so this question will appear a little vague). ONE MARK

3) Why is it important to keep phase sequence? (Answer probably reflective of the scenario, there was some motors in a workshop). TWO/THREE MARKS?

Earth Electrode

1) Name the stakes on the diagram. THREE MARKS

2) Label the distances between the stakes. FOUR MARKS

3) 100ma device calculate the maximum permissible earth electrode resistance (There was a little more detail given) THREE MARKS

So I probably scraped 3 marks from that lot ^^ and I 100% lost 5 marks on an RCBO characteristics question. Reckon I dropped around 18 marks in total. I've read over the topics since and it is all relatively simple but I just focused revision on the 'regular' testing methods.

I'd've dropped at LEAST 7 marks on those!

To AB, with any luck you'll have scored enough on the rest of the exam.
Have you looked up the answers since? You'll remember them for the rest of your life now if you have. :)

I'd've dropped at LEAST 7 marks on those!

To AB, with any luck you'll have scored enough on the rest of the exam.
Have you looked up the answers since? You'll remember them for the rest of your life now if you have. :)

Office received an email today to inform me that I have passed the exam!

Really relieved that I don't have to resit. Guess I done really well on the rest of the paper.

:D:D:D

I have my 2394 in 3 weeks what other questions came up

The only questions that I would say are generic across both exams are the first page, mine was made up of:
  • Statutory and non-statutory documents
  • The 3 documents associated with the inspection and test
  • Health and safety of the inspector
  • Health and safety of others
Brush up on these and you could pick up a solid 12 (ish) points. :thumbsup:

Reply to 2395 Written (Typed) Exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net