Discuss 24 volt DC Negative fusing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all 1st post
I need advice on 24volt dc fusing. Are there any regulations on fusing the negative out puts on a 24v lighting system.We Have fused the positive out puts.
any help and would be appreciated.

Depends if you have provided an earth for the dc side and if so what earthing arrangement has been used ... also has this been wired as such by yourself or does it come pre-wired from manufacturer..... the standards im applying here are for dc elv supplies in control systems but cant see why it would differ IMHO

We are wiring a way from a control panel to 24v dc lights. we need to know if the negative 0v lines need a fuse way in the panel which we are manufacturing ourselves.

You need to explain your earthing arrangement if you have one on the DC side as this is what denotes where fusing is required and also will denotes whether any switching on the ELV is required to be single or double pole. I can't answer your question until you have chosen which is the correct set-up you require for your system... if you are unsure i would recommend you educate yourself on the pro and cons of PELV and SELV in control systems.

As im limited to what extent this panel is an actual control panel and what the dc lighting is you are supplying i.e. Panel indicator lights or external lighting of some other nature i can't really advice further....

If your panel is for controlling machinery and the lights are of an indicator nature then you should be referring to and also fully educated on the BS EN 60204 as a starting point.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps Welcome to the forum.

Reply to 24 volt DC Negative fusing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a customer who has a kiosk with 100 amp cut out fuse supplied from UK power, he needs to bring the power 178 meters to his house, He...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a basic knowledge of electric but would like advice before I attempt, I have a electrical item that is powered by Voltage...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hi, First of all I must explain why my posting came to be on this site, I was looking on the internet for a forum that could help with a project...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I was a commissiong technician before I retired. Hardware and software industrial automation. Miss the work but not the endless travel/...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock