Discuss 25mm Armour installation + home automation "control 4" in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike Blair

im about to go down london to do a job. currently waiting on manweb to install the new cable going in + meter. they have put 100a fuse for a building with 3 story's + basement and all completely home automated "littrally everything is home automated lol" The isolater is roughly 8 meters away from the ccu location and i have a 25mm armored to connect from the isolator to the ccu

Has anyone got the cut outsize for a 3 core 25mm armored cable + im sure there is a regulation on cable the distance apart from the isolator to the ccu? or have i confused my self?

Also anyone installed control 4 home automation. what do use think ? recommendations

I am not quite sure what you are actually asking.
The outside diameter of a 3C 25mm² SWA would be about 25mm, if that is what you mean.
A cable run from an isolator to a CU can be of any distance so long as the regulatory requirements are complied with.
The cable run from the origin of a supply to the next protective device should generally be <=3m, but is subject to the DNO's specification.
I have not installed control4home automation so cannot help there. (apart from thinking it is a tremendous waste of money!)

as far as i know its just an isolator
Meter tails should be as short as possible. Different metering companies have different policies but the length should always be less than 3 metres of cable from the cut-out through the metering equipment to the consumer unit. If the consumer unit is required to be further away, then a switch and distribution circuit should be installed.

so i need to get a switch fuse to be installed? do manweb supply this? or do i have too? and how come as the main fuses are in place?

jesus abit costy!! o.o thanks for the link btw il just pop one in tomorrow :) btw you wouldnt know the cut out size for the gland to gointo the board so i can get a cutter?

jesus abit costy!! o.o thanks for the link btw il just pop one in tomorrow :) btw you wouldnt know the cut out size for the gland to gointo the board so i can get a cutter?

I now really only ever buy starrett CSC smooth cutting holesaws...I would recommend them if your going to buy a cutter as they really are a good bit of kit.

Last edited:
there electrical designer has none of this planned! kind of annoying tbh ive taken on a half completed job so its been abit of a pain in the @@@....

Reply to 25mm Armour installation + home automation "control 4" in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net