Discuss 2x2way gangs for 2 lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
im currently in my second year apprentiship and I'm still trying to get my head around lighting circuits.im about to plaster my daughters bedroom and want to change a single light pendant with 6 spotlights .i want 2 on 1 dimmer and 4 on the second dimmer on a double gang dimmer switch.i also want them to operate independently on a 2nd 2way dimmer switch if possible.any advice with pics of circuits if possible thx

Do you know how it is currently wired. Does the loop in supply connect at the switch first (two plate) or does it go to the ceiling rose (three plate), knowing this will help with a diagram.

and with most dimmers you need to have 1 as dimmer and the other as a normal switch. there are certain ones where both can be dimmers. if you are fitting LEDs, the dimmers must be compatible with the LEDS.

FWIW, i'd scrap the 2 way idea and fit a 2 gang remote control dimmer .that way you can switch from anywhere in the house (within reasonable distance).

You could still run the 2&4 split over a 2g dimmer, just avoid the 2way,

However, and this will be important if you go for a remote control dimmer, check that the dimmer operates from 0W minimum, as some have a higher minimum and won't dim 2 led lights on their own as the load is too small, I've seen issues with 3 lights so 2 will definitely be an issue with certain Led dimmers.

Reply to 2x2way gangs for 2 lights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
My daughter is asking me if it’s possible to change her double light switch outside her bathroom to a dimmer. It’s a 2 gang switch that turns on...
Replies
Views
Hi all - after some advice please, I currently have a 2 gang dimmer, 1 gang running an outdoor led light and gang 2 running 14 led downlights. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am upgrading my traditional 2 gang light switch in the kitchen to a smart 2 gang dimmer switch. When I wired up the switch the switch...
Replies
Views
Hi. In the images. One is a 2 gang dimmer switch and the other a normal 2 gang switch arrangement. Dimmer 1 controls the main ceiling rose and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock