Discuss 3 phase balance ramp in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blue eyes

even all

i dont do much industrial work but i have had a 3phase ramp droped on my .it is a 3phase balanced supply.the isolator on the ramp has a 1.5mm cable coming out of it and the ramp is hydrolic so i am assuming a 10A load.
there is a 3phase board with 20A rewireble fuses.
what i intend to do it run a 2.5mm 4core swa to a 20A 3phase sw fuse and then to ramp.with dawn rated fuses in switch fuse for ramp load.
or could i as this is a fixed load install a rotary isolator (no fuses)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
even all

i dont do much industrial work but i have had a 5phase ramp droped on my .it is a 3phase balanced supply.the isolator on the ramp has a 1.5mm cable coming out of it and the ramp is hydrolic so i am assuming a 10A load.
there is a 3phase board with 20A rewireble fuses.
what i intend to do it run a 2.5mm 4core swa to a 20A 3phase sw fuse and then to ramp.with dawn rated fuses in switch fuse for ramp load.
or could i as this is a fixed load install a rotary isolator (no fuses)

cheers

Your a dead man walking comming up with that on here

You said assuming 10a? why are you assuming that not how to work out a supply, you dont give cable length in stall methods, what kind of fusing (hrc, mcb etc yes existing is 3036 but normally you can fit hrc's if change the holder) so at present im as clueless as you.

Ha shows what you know you cant reverse a 5 phase ramp.
Any way if you test it with the down button first the worst that can happen is that it will go up

The OP didn't ask about that, he asked about the load and running a 2.5mm2 4 core armoured, so whats you brilliant opinion about this then?

If its hydraulic its likely just to have an up button and a mechanical pressure release lever for down, wiring it in reverse will just mean no hydraulic pressure and no up and away.

It may look like its just asking for a simple supply cable and bobs your uncle but it needs designing for all matters like VD, ELI, load and you will need to establish properly what load it takes. Industrial stuff is nearly always unique one off designs hence its a good test of knowledge of electricity and the BGB is invaluable in helping get it right.
Just pass it to and industrial spark.
Couple of pointers, probably wouldn't fuse locally and get the DB changed for something this century :)

sorry 5phase type error,3phase
the cable calculations are not my question It is more about the isolator I would normaly use a fuse switch fuse i am just questioning weather it could be unfused switch as it is a fixed load

If the breaker at the source is adequate to protect the Cable then an isolator near the unit would be fine, I knew you meant 3 phase by the way.

If its hydraulic its likely just to have an up button and a mechanical pressure release lever for down, wiring it in reverse will just mean no hydraulic pressure and no up and away.
by all account the hydrolics raise the ramp and gravity dropes it .would you say 10A is about right

You said assuming 10a? why are you assuming that not how to work out a supply, you dont give cable length in stall methods, what kind of fusing (hrc, mcb etc yes existing is 3036 but normally you can fit hrc's if change the holder) so at present im as clueless as you.

I am ussuming 10A as there is no rating plate as the ramp is second hand.as it is hydrolic i am assuming a low rating so 10A sound OK but I am open to suggestions the board is donkeys years old and they have no planes to change as usual( it works so why change it)

by all account the hydrolics raise the ramp and gravity dropes it .would you say 10A is about right

They come in different sizes and weight tolerences ...either look at the motor kw rating or see what the O/L is set at in the controls with either of these values its possible to design the supply ...without the your guessing and so am i which isnt a professional approach to the job.

Ps learn to spell Hydraulic before you put it on the invoice

Last edited:
and, darkwood, you learn how to spell professional. HE.HE. :D

They come in different sizes and weight tolerences ...either look at the motor kw rating or see what the O/L is set at in the controls with either of these values its possible to design the supply ...without the your guessing and so am i which isnt a proffesional approach to the job.

Ps learn to spell Hydraulic before you put it on the invoice

the problem is that the the O/L and motor are within a metal box and not accessible (unusual)and the only accessible bit is the top of the O/L where the supply cable enter.I shall try to get it apart .just trying to save my self a job and asking if any one had an adea of a load to use.

the problem is that the the O/L and motor are within a metal box and not accessible (unusual)and the only accessible bit is the top of the O/L where the supply cable enter.I shall try to get it apart .just trying to save my self a job and asking if any one had an adea of a load to use.

Without the details we ask for we won't second guess what it is as the advice could be wrong and thats why we require the info .... if you cant access the info we cant help, hundreds of makes and models out there which require varying supply sizes so the balls in your court now.

Reply to 3 phase balance ramp in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net