Discuss 3 phase up the one conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've got 3 roof fans to be wired from 3 spurs fitted on the inside concrete ceiling. They shall be controlled from 3 ground level fan controllers. Supply to the 3 controllers is via 3 conduit drops off the trunking.
My question is, can I run all 3 phases in the one conduit to the spurs (4 control-wires for each).
Up at ceiling level I intend to tube to a Tee-box, to Tee-box then to an Angle-box, then fit the spurs to the conduit boxes thereby removing the possible risk of 415v at each spur outlet.

Yes he is @Pete999 but has not filled in his profile - 2 points deducted! Carry on!
This from 2012

Hi Guys any of the older generation had this problem with their grading.
I'm a time served Approved, or thought I was.
In the early 1980's I got my approved card from the SJIB.
During the last 23years I've worked in the Security Alarm industry.
I was made redundant dec2011, and am chasing the spark trade,
even for a sparks mate jobs to get me back in (I know things have changed).

:furious3:My problem is the SJIB & the JIB have no record of me ever being a spark.

Although I have the 15th & 16th IEE regs.
I'm about to sit my 17th (Full 3 day course) but now have my doubts if I'll
even get an Standard Electricians card.
(in fairness the JIB stated they would have to honour my full apprenticeship)
Has anyone else experienced this?

I know I fit 3 phases down conduits to switches and clearly mark them with 440v signage, but I tend plan a job to install other items (spurs, sockets etc) down their own conduit avoiding mixed phases. The spurs shall be mounted approx. 7mts above the ground with a 3mt spacing between. If I can now wire up the same conduit with different phases, how should I indicate 440v potential in the conduits, or do I just ignore this signage.

I know I fit 3 phases down conduits to switches and clearly mark them with 440v signage, but I tend plan a job to install other items (spurs, sockets etc) down their own conduit avoiding mixed phases. The spurs shall be mounted approx. 7mts above the ground with a 3mt spacing between. If I can now wire up the same conduit with different phases, how should I indicate 440v potential in the conduits, or do I just ignore this signage.
Do you stick 400v signs on the trunking you use as well?

I'll re-word my previous reply.
Pete999, 400v signs on the trunking, what a good idea.............
Also thanks Westward10 for an answer to my original question.

Now, does anyone know where in the regs it indicate no signage is required for 440v running conduits ?

I'll re-word my previous reply.
Pete999, 400v signs on the trunking, what a good idea.............
Also thanks Westward10 for an answer to my original question.

Now, does anyone know where in the regs it indicate no signage is required for 440v running conduits ?
if the nominal voltage Phase - E does not exceed 230V, no signage required.

Presumably you mean a standard UK nominal 230V/400V rather than 440V? If so then warnings are not required anywhere as the nominal voltage to earth does not exceed 230V

If it is a non-standard nominal 440V supply then you may need to consider suitable warnings if it is somewhere where you would not normally expect to find it.

Reply to 3 phase up the one conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock