Discuss 3 phase water heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this but I haven't done much in the way of 3 phase except HVAC systems for years before going on my own and undertaking mostly domestic works due to time constraints & young family, school runs etc..

Think just need my cable from d/b to an isolator with 3 pole min 3mm contacts separation. You can lock it down to say 18 or 21 kW otherwise I need to buy a 40A triple pole MCB from lad in UK who had some for around £150 ! If they want it run at full 27kW that is. Old polestar d/b so was going to feed into a new enclosure encasing an RCD then out to isolator.

Think just need my cable from d/b to an isolator with 3 pole min 3mm contacts separation. You can lock it down to say 18 or 21 kW otherwise I need to buy a 40A triple pole MCB from lad in UK who had some for around £150 ! If they want it run at full 27kW that is. Old polestar d/b so was going to feed into a new enclosure encasing an RCD then out to isolator.

Does it need an RCD and why don't you feed it from the existing DB?....Polestar MCB's are still obtainable

Just googled polestar mcbs £99 for a 63 Amp think your guy is pulling a fast one (EBAY SORRY)

Thanks all of you, yes def needs an Rcd but lad on Facebook was saying had loads of obsolete breakers 40A TP for £140-£150 that's why as was at 39A / phase full stack

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this but I haven't done much in the way of 3 phase except HVAC systems for years before going on my own and undertaking mostly domestic works due to time constraints & young family, school runs etc..

Then keep out of things you aren't experienced until you've got some time working with someone who can teach you under your belt.

Thanks all of you, yes def needs an Rcd but lad on Facebook was saying had loads of obsolete breakers 40A TP for £140-£150 that's why as was at 39A / phase full stack

Here's a tip, don't buy tat from people on Facebook. Buy your materials from a reputable wholesaler or similar if you want to actually have a warranty on the parts and for your insurance to actually cover you for the job.

Reply to 3 phase water heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net