1. We've split off Commercial Electrician Talk and Industrial Electrician Talk from the main Electrical Forum. Please take note when you're looking for and posting new threads. :) 

Checkout the new Electricians Directory which you can add your business details to for free.

We've also teamed up with an insurance firm to offer you guys some discounted insurance. These guys will customise your insurance to fit your needs perfectly. Enquire using the following pages: VAN - FLEET - PROFESSIONAL INDEMNITY - OTHER TYPES OF INSURANCE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Checkout the new BritishForums.co.uk, register for free and enter the competition to win a £25 Amazon Voucher!

Dismiss Notice

Discuss 3 switches control both level lights - Easy change? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.co.uk.

1. delooney

delooney EF Member

Hi,

I have three switches across 2 levels in my house all controlling the lights on two levels of the house landings (spotlight group on ground and landing light on 1st).

Ground:
    2 switches - control spotlight group downstairs (same floor) and upstairs landing light
    Upstairs/1st:
    1 switch - control spotlight group downstairs and upstairs landing light (same floor)

I would like to have the top control the top and the bottom switches work on the spotlights on the ground floor, I wondered if there was a reasonably easy solution?!?!

Thanks

-1.jpg

-2.jpg

-3.jpg

Ignore the images below, tried to remove, can't :/

-3.jpg

-2.jpg

-1.jpg

-1.jpg

2. Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. telectrix

telectrix Appreciated Member Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    the switch you call G1 is an intermediate switch, meaning that on group of lights has 3 way switching. it may be possible to reconfigure the switching arrangement, but it's not a DIY job. replacing switches like for like is not a problem.

delooney likes this.
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Don't take this the wrong way but reading your threads may suggest you should get a local spark to help you

delooney likes this.
  5. westward10

westward10 Electrician's Arms

Top Poster Of Month

Them switch front plates need cpcs to them.

6. Advertisement

to hide this advert.