Discuss 380 volt in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eagleeye

A friend of mine has just bought a pizza oven and the rating looks like 380 volt single phase at 4.5kW. Any idea how I can connect this to our current supply ? It's definitely single phase as the thick flew coming out of the unit is only 3 core (live, natural, earth)

Flex Possibly ??????????????????

Is this a Commercial oven?

Is it new?
If not have you looked inside to see if what the flex is connected to?

Have you looked inside to see what the 3 core is connected to?
If not try continuity from oven casing to "Earth" in the flex.

Photo of the Data plate would be good.

Last edited:
Sounds more like it must be a two phase system, though I would not expect it for ovens.
I cannot see how you can get 380V ac single phase, but L1 and L2 instead of L and N could do it but the supply would be unbalanced.

notice it says 4.5kW/h though so this can't be the actual power rating of the unit ? and also say electrical connection 380 ? is that some kind of connection or is this the voltage rating ??

Sounds more like it must be a two phase system, though I would not expect it for ovens.
I cannot see how you can get 380V ac single phase, but L1 and L2 instead of L and N could do it but the supply would be unbalanced.
I've come across them before, along with commercial washing machines and of course some welders

notice it says 4.5kW/h though so this can't be the actual power rating of the unit ? and also say electrical connection 380 ? is that some kind of connection or is this the voltage rating ??

It could be, 4.5kw is not unusual.Though the information plate is a bit vague! I'd expect to see the current rating on the plate and the voltage marked as 380/400v? Is there no paper work? It might be an Idea to go online search the model and make of the unit and check out the supply requirements?

Last edited:
Is this the oven model? https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...//www.mirror.es/index.php?lang=en&prev=search

It shows it as 4.5kw- 380v -3 phase

HP 14T
Electric pizza oven
  • Pizza oven series "Snack"
  • Dimensions 860 x 810 x 440 mm
  • Sleeps 4 pizzas Ø 30 cm
  • With built -in thermometer
  • Thermostatically controlled up to 400 ° C
  • Refractory stone floor, removable
  • House insulated with rockwool
  • Exterior, sides, roof and back of steel painted especially for high temperatures
  • Front and doors in stainless steel AISI 430
  • Wheeled support available (optional)
EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS
860 x 810 x 440 mm
INTERIOR DIMENSIONS 620 x 620 x 180 mm
ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY 380 V (three - phase)
THERMOMETER if
POWER 4.5 kW
FLOORS
CAPACITY PIZZAS
4 pizzas Ø 30 cm
SUPPORT Optional
NET WEIGHT
74 Kg
GROSS WEIGHT
86 Kg

A friend of mine has just bought a pizza oven and the rating looks like 380 volt single phase at 4.5kW. Any idea how I can connect this to our current supply ? It's definitely single phase as the thick flew coming out of the unit is only 3 core (live, natural, earth)

What colours are the individual wires in the flex? and what size do you estimate the wires to be csa

Last edited:
I've just found a HP528T model for sale second hand, and that is rated at 4.5kw @ 240v

$_12.JPG

Thanks David. Not sure that's the one but will look though the website to see if I can find it.

Pete it only has a green/yellow, blue and brown. Unless it's been wired up incorrectly before

You say it was just bought, if it's a new item then phone the suppliers for advice. They probably make different voltage and phase configurations depending on the location of export so be careful of pdf manuals on the internet, the wiring may vary. If you can't get adivce from the supplier then open the panels and check the wiring element voltages and contactor coil voltages.

So I emailed the suppliers and they confirm that it is a 380 volt supply, 3 phase at 4.5kW. How would they of had this connect and working in the last place on a single phase supply

Reply to 380 volt in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net