Discuss 4 Core SWA - 2 Cores RCD protected, the other 2 not ... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

Unswitched

Hi guys

SWA feeding outside lighting and socket outlets etc.

Set up like this:

Single phase.

L & N T&E out of MCB in main board to feed sperate enclosure with only an RCD module in. So L&N feeding an RCD.

Then, 4 core SWA is glanded to this board.

2 of the cores (L/N) connect to the Mains in side of the RCD (with the t&e)

The other 2 cores are on the load side of the RCD.

So, effectively 2 sets of L/N are taken to a junction box outside somewhere, where I assume one set that is unprotected go to outside lights and the RCD protected L/N pair are taken to socket outlets?

All of this controlled by 1 MCB

Is this correct, I can't really see why not?

What are the cable sizes of the T&E and SWA?

I thought fixed lighting outside and out of reach did not have to be rcd protected (stand to be corrected on this mind :eek:)

Reply to 4 Core SWA - 2 Cores RCD protected, the other 2 not ... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Was having a poke around the old man's house today. Anyway. DB is under stairs (18th ed following a recent extension. Not done by me but it's...
Replies
Views
For context i am in my 2nd year in college and my head is going round in circles a question in my project for which i need to select the right...
Replies
Views
Been looking at a CU change in a small office and would appreciate comments on the following. Office is supplied from the mains intake in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have an SWA 3 core armoured cable buried that runs to my back garden. This originally serviced an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock