Discuss 4in Low Voltage bathroom fan. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have checked the core cutter I have been issued and it has a 4.5inch core bit. The fan I am putting in is 4in (100mm) does it matter if its slightly bigger hole, as the fan square itself will still be big enough to hide this.

Also trying to get my head around why I need to get a permanent live and a SL from the light.

This was my thinking:

SL AND neutral from light. To a 3a fused spur (SL+N). Into 12v transformer (SL+N). To Fan.

Why do I need a permanent live if I want the fan to come on when the light comes on?

not if you've got a gun and a couple of tubes of sealer. or the dreaded expanding foam.

The fan won't be a problem in a hole that's 1/2 inch oversized as long as the square front fascia covers the hole. You need a duct tube or flexible ducting between the fan and the discharge louver otherwise you'll create a damp problem by blowing steam and moisture into the wall cavity.

The fan won't be a problem in a hole that's 1/2 inch oversized as long as the square front fascia covers the hole. You need a duct tube or flexible ducting between the fan and the discharge louver otherwise you'll create a damp problem by blowing steam and moisture into the wall cavity.

Yup the wall kits we have on van stock come with these...nice shiney silver ones ;)

Reply to 4in Low Voltage bathroom fan. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon everyone. I have fitted an extractor fan in my bathroom with an overrun timer, to start when the bathroom led lights are turned on...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock