Discuss 5 day EAL 4337/4338 Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Joshua

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi I've been looking at doing a 5 day Inspection and Testing course with The Building Training Centre in Croydon.
I was wondering if anyone has heard of it or trained there? I was a bit sceptical of doing a 5 day course but the hours I'll end up studying equal the amount I'd do with 3 hours a week at an evening course at college.

Any feedback is welcome even if you disagree with a 5 day course. What do you recommend i do to get my testing done?

Thanks

Josh

I would always go for city and guilds over eal for what its worth.
If you know what you are doing then the 5 day format should be fine. Anyone competent in testing should get through it all easily. I wished I had done a compressed course when doing my 2394/5 as it dragged on for about 26 weeks.

I would always go for city and guilds over eal for what its worth.
If you know what you are doing then the 5 day format should be fine. Anyone competent in testing should get through it all easily. I wished I had done a compressed course when doing my 2394/5 as it dragged on for about 26 weeks.
I was thinking the same but since the JIB and all the schemes recognise the EAL as the equivalent as the 2394/95 then it doesn't make much difference to me as any reputable company asks for a graded JIB card rather than actual certs.
The EAL has a higher pass rate than the 2394/95 because it's an open book exam. My logic is I can refer to GN3 in a real life situation so why not during an exam?

I was thinking the same but since the JIB and all the schemes recognise the EAL as the equivalent as the 2394/95 then it doesn't make much difference to me as any reputable company asks for a graded JIB card rather than actual certs.
The EAL has a higher pass rate than the 2394/95 because it's an open book exam. My logic is I can refer to GN3 in a real life situation so why not during an exam?

That completely depends on whether you are taking a course to learn things or gain a piece of paper. My logic would be that I don't want to spend my working day referencing books so why not learn it whilst doing a course ?
Having said that I believe the city and guilds exam structure for this course has changed lately, but in what way I'm not sure.

That completely depends on whether you are taking a course to learn things or gain a piece of paper. My logic would be that I don't want to spend my working day referencing books so why not learn it whilst doing a course ?
Having said that I believe the city and guilds exam structure for this course has changed lately, but in what way I'm not sure.

That's a very good point. I've got next to no experience in testing so I might be better off doing the 2392 and then progress onto the 2394/95. My NVQ3 portfolio was with EAL and it was identical to the 2356 so I was a little misguided when deciding on my testing.
Thanks Andy, think I'll keep to City and Guilds but might be worth me going back to college for my 2392 first.

If you have done your core qualifications then basic testing should have been covered in that. The 2392 is exactly what you will have covered in that basic module. What tests are to be completed, how to do them, the reason for doing them, the physics behind it etc.

If you have done your core qualifications then basic testing should have been covered in that. The 2392 is exactly what you will have covered in that basic module. What tests are to be completed, how to do them, the reason for doing them, the physics behind it etc.
Oh really? I did do testing in my NVQ but assumed the 2392 would be more in depth.

Oh really? I did do testing in my NVQ but assumed the 2392 would be more in depth.

I will wait for someone else to confirm or deny this but that is how I understand it.
I understand it as a fundamental testing course aimed at those who have not done any testing before, and that the content is comparable to the content of any core knowledge course.
I believe it is aimed at those not doing the core knowledge courses.

The more in depth courses are the 2394/5 (or EAL equivalent) both of which are aimed at competent and experienced testers.

Hi jay I just passed the 2394\5 both etyped and practical. I don't. Even have my nvq yet n I did not have any experience In testing all was did wad watch videos on you tube and read gn3

Reply to 5 day EAL 4337/4338 Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net