Discuss 5 year testing 20% in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

David Cowie

Just a general question on testing

when carrying out a fixed wire test of 20% would you fill in all circuits identified on the circuit chart and test the required 20% filling in the results as tested

or

would you only fill out the circuits that you have tested and fill in N/A for every blank on the page you have not tested

I've had a bit of a debate and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it so see if their is an official answer.

There is no official answer.
If you list all the circuits, it might be easier to determine the 20% for next year?
Also, it may help to identify any alterations made between tests?

I don't normally write up the circuits until I have traced them to check they do what they say they do so if I was doing a 20 % I would only write up the circuits I was testing and then write Not tested in the other discriptions

I would just write the circuit number and then circuit not tested. It is then much clearer on the report to the customer what has been tested and what is not if you write out the circuit description , cable size etc it may confuse the customer into thinking the circuit as been tested , saying all this though normally you should only do a 20% inspection if the installation has already been fully inspected a year ago otherwise the last 20% of the installation will not be inspected for 10 years if the previous report was 5 years old when you started.

Identify circuits is a must and test test 10% of each circuit as a minimum and test a little more if you feel u need todo.

You nearly going to have to write " only had 2 hours and done my best? Visual will tell u alot too

it is such a grey area for £100

If I ever do any testing the least I would do is fill out the Mcb to identify a circuit is their I had a look over a test cert and it was just N/A across all the pages except for a couple results it looks like their is only 6 circuits on the db it is very confusing to look over the 20% is to be carried out every year so it will be added to next year I just think it's lazy agree/ disagree?

I tested for local housing association not o long ago and too keep them sweet , your recording all circuit details , Ze, IR test , Zs rcd test , and was tight going in some houses

Reply to 5 year testing 20% in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock