Discuss 70mm to 35mm joint in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daveb1

Hi

Half due to me slightly over sizing a cable and the terminals of the MCB being far to small, looks like i need to join 70mm and 35mm conductors together, its underneath a cooking suite in a large commercial kitchen, there will not be a great deal of space to work.
i would like to use a straight through crimp then heat shrink BUT is there some kind of reducer i can use?

Would bolting lug crimps together be a complete lash up?

Any constructive help would be appreciated

Thanks Dave

Hi

Half due to me slightly over sizing a cable and the terminals of the MCB being far to small, looks like i need to join 70mm and 35mm conductors together, its underneath a cooking suite in a large commercial kitchen, there will not be a great deal of space to work.
i would like to use a straight through crimp then heat shrink BUT is there some kind of reducer i can use?

Would bolting lug crimps together be a complete lash up?

Any constructive help would be appreciated

Thanks Dave

Copper Pin Terminals - SWA
Copper Pin Terminals - SWA
Copper Pin Terminals. Un-insulated Solid Copper Pin. Un-insulated Reducing Pin ... Site Map · About Us · Company History · Legal · Terms and Conditions.

have a look at these, don't know if they will be any good in your situation for the terminals.

Last edited:
Thanks guys due to the restricted space to terminate above the mcb i think the SWA mechanical joints look like there perfect job

Reply to 70mm to 35mm joint in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Beginners Guide to Positive Input Ventilation (PIV) Units: A Solution to Indoor Air Quality Woes A guide to Positive Input...
Replies
Views
As the title suggests I have been tasked with finding something big and safe enough to hold a 5core 70mm cable with crimped lugs, it needs to be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My first post-don't be too hard on me! I'm bonding an existing 3-phase power supply (150mm2 SWA cable) to various incoming services...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wanted to slightly re-route a badly routed 6mm2 twin and earth flat cable, that leaves my utility room through the plasterboard, the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi I have been in the electrical contracting industry all my working life 40 years and became a member of the NICEIC in 2006. During this time I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock