Discuss A circuit is defined by ......... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

The cables leaving the OCPD...

Got a job I'm working on and after doing some checks it is confirmed that 2 rings are for single rooms only - 1 has 2 sockets and the other has 6. I'm pondering over the sense of having 2 RCBO's for these as the site will have 15 circuits when the 2 x old CU's are replaced with 1 new unit..

My thoughts are to put the 2 "small" rings on 1 OCPD, and mark one pair of tails so that its obvious to anyone later....

I suppose I could link the 2 rings in the CU so that only 1 pair of tails are in the OCPD

What would you do?

Thoughts?

Thanks

The cables leaving the OCPD...

Got a job I'm working on and after doing some checks it is confirmed that 2 rings are for single rooms only - 1 has 2 sockets and the other has 6. I'm pondering over the sense of having 2 RCBO's for these as the site will have 15 circuits when the 2 x old CU's are replaced with 1 new unit..

My thoughts are to put the 2 "small" rings on 1 OCPD, and mark one pair of tails so that its obvious to anyone later....

I suppose I could link the 2 rings in the CU so that only 1 pair of tails are in the OCPD

What would you do?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Adapt the 2 RFCs into 1 at the CU

I always try to have at least 2 spare ways when doing a board change. I can't see anything wrong with your tails method, but how hard would it be to combine the ring properly? If not just combine them at the cu.

^^ combining into 1 ring not at CU - tricky and messy would be my best guess....

Yes at least 2 spare ways BUT as it stands the new CU will have 19 ways, and the house would have 2 spare ways...

will 4 x 2.5mm fit safely into the RCBO terminals? these are generally smaller than MCB terminals.

Reply to A circuit is defined by ......... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net