Discuss A quick question on certification and notification to Part P scheme. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

arturas

For example you have a ryefield board with 3 phase incoming cable split into 5 fuses for each meter. 3 meters are 3 flats, 1 for communal area and 1 a small shop unit. Now does ryfield board counts as a shared supply between all of them and therefore should be 5 notifications of each property individualy to Elecsa?Or is it a separate supply and only 3 flats should be notified?Was trying Elecsa's helpline but couldn't get through today and then I thought more people may look for this question in the future, so they could find it. Thanks.

You need a separate notification for each dwelling and a separate certificate for each property.
For example
Each flat would have its own Cert and notification
Each Communal Area would have its own Cert
Each Shop would have its own Cert

Who has installed the ryefield board? My guess would be the DNO as this is before the meters and I wouldn't of thought an electrician would of been responsible for this - however if an electrician did install this then you need to think is this part of the communal area or separate completely - I would treat it as separate so it would have it's own certificate, if you treat it as part of the communal area then put it on the same certificate as this but separate sheet for test results.

Just ref all flats/shops to this board

The ryefield board hasn't been installed yet, but it will be done by the DNO. The ryefield board will be in the shop unit as where the existing main head is,and all the electric meters will be there as well, I'm running all new feeds in SWA from each flat and from communal area , shop CU will be next to the main head. So if I'm thinking correct Flats will have each own Cert and will be notified , Shop and Communal area will have each own certs only?

Reply to A quick question on certification and notification to Part P scheme. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock